HybridZ

Any DJs in our Z comunity?

GarageRatt13

Nice my buddy has a set of Technics and if i used turn tables thats what i would get. Im doing a rave at the end of next week so hopefully i can get it recorded and i'll post it up for you guys. Next week is going to be crazy, Im going to a show almost everyday. NERO on Tuesday, Alesso on Wednesday, Feed Me on Thursday, and the rave on Friday... so pumped haha.

Two tech12s, cheap numark mixer, ABIT KT7A-raid based digital workstation with circa 1995 soundblaster awe32 stuffed with 32megs of sample ram allowing ZERO latency (zero....not low latency) live sound through soundfonts, cheap midi controller, cheap midi drum surface, a monophonic a/b stomp box connected to a digitech rp-8 to which a cheap kramer guitar with a floyd rose stuffed with a duncan distortion pickup........which was used to make crazy sounds mostly as a safety net. And a cheap cd player.

Soundfonts, when used old school in hardware has the response that no software synth. can ever match.

At my best, I could flip hard between Grace Jones' "slave to the rhythm" (princess and the frog mix) with James Brown's "super bad" without a trainwreck.

Nothing in the world sounds like a guitar connected to the house PA of a good sized club when you've got the bar pushed so far down the low e is vibrating at 16hz.

Edited by HowlerMonkey

I pretty much only have the soundcards left of that setup and am looking for a newer motherboard that can fit them or a more modern card that uses PCI slots instead of the old ISA slot.

When that workstation died, it had the awe32 card and two terratec ews88d cards used through a Vm200 digital mixer using adat inputs and outputs.

Those old awe32s had a spdif digital output which was largely undocumented.........but sweet for avoiding any analog passes when mixing and recording either the onboard emu8000 synth. or using same to play samples.

I haven't checked but technology surely has passed my by in the DJ industry but it seems latency is still an issue for many types of equipment.

Edited by HowlerMonkey

• 2 weeks later...

Whoooo, fellow Dj's i need to get my tables out of storage from norcal, but its a long time drive from vegas! Ive been using deckedance on my laptop. Worked well untill I broke my laptop :( , maybe once my z stops sucking money I can get my setup and update whats needed. I have some old mixes. I have some old trance and electro house mixes somewhere, ill post them when i find them.