HybridZ

280z won't start (shocking I know)

I have been stumped about what is wrong with my 78 280z. So It worked when I pulled it into the garage last year, since then I have done an automatic to manual swap, stripped it down to deal with rust and paint and now the thing will not start. Something tells me I messed something up but I am not sure what. It cranks, gets spark, gets fuel. I am not sure where else to go from here. My friend is saying it could be a weak spark and I should swap in a new cap rotor and plug wires. I tried spray some starting fluid in and it did turn over for a sec which tells me it could be a fuel issue but I really have no clue at this point. I just feel in the back of my mind that something didn't get plugged back in right and this is my fault.

I did drain the tank. No loose wires that I am aware of. I am getting spark not sure if it is good though. The only new thing in the car is the transmission, and I already bypassed the inhibitor. Yeah that was my thought, but I don't think it would cause the car to not start at all but I could be wrong.

You probably have rust in your fuel filer take it off an tap it on the ground and see if anything comes out, if anything at all falls out replace it. You might have to do it several times before all the rust clears out of the tank.

Edited by surpip