HybridZ

Zombie Z

I'm having this weird intermittent issue with my '76 280z. The motor will completely die then come back to life either via compression start or by flicking the key from run to start. This usually happens when I'm on the road and will repeat this behavior anywhere from 3-5 times in a row then continue on as normal. It's pretty annoying.

Maybe improtant info: I have changed the distributor to the '80 zx w/ E12-80 ignition module after the stock dizzy wobbled itself to death.

Any input would be gratefully appreciated.

Could be your switch as well, you can wire a light in line with a + wire off the switch and see if it goes out driving down the road. Could be the module as well though, sometimes putting fresh dielectric grease on the mount surface will bring them back to life for a bit.

Edited by surpip

It died for what I feared to be the final time on the way to work. It wouldn't restart. After work I was ready to put in a cheepo HEI module just to get home then I noticed it has a melted (-) battery terminal connector. New battery cables to follow.

Edited by TJs 2+2