HybridZ

Crank No Start

mistah mofro

Well i have air, fuel, and spark but still nothing is getting it tured over. I checked timing got #1 on compression stroke and check the angle on the distributor gear, its dead on. Weird thing is when its turning over and i hold the key it sounds as if its actually running but barely, obviously until i let go of the key. Really appreciate some insight or maybe even someone to come by help a fellow member out(bay area), lunch on me. I was thinking maybe valve adjustment can be off or something? Dont mean to be too vague but its more of a feel so its kind of hard to put into words.

Details: L24 with triple mikunis and carter fuel pump.

Try squirting a little carb cleaner into the brake booster vac line see if it gives it a little more punch when you try and start it, if it dose its fuel related ie: worng float leve,l clogged jets. if not its a spark issue ie: dirty/fouled plugs, wrong wireing, weak coil/intermitent P/U. good luck

Try squirting a little carb cleaner into the brake booster vac line see if it gives it a little more punch when you try and start it, if it dose its fuel related ie: worng float leve,l clogged jets. if not its a spark issue ie: dirty/fouled plugs, wrong wireing, weak coil/intermitent P/U. good luck

I took the mikunis apart and cleaned them out with compressed air and a nice solvent washing, ill try the starter/carb cleaner through the booster port later today. If that doesnt work ill get my voltmeter out and check voltage everywhere considering the bypassing resistor wasnt the first time its been advised.

Thanks

Ive taken gummed up carbs apart before and its taked alot more than a good solvent wash and some air to clean out the gunk from the jets. Unless you took out the jets and were able to look through them, i wouldent rule it out just yet, but you should have a better idea when you do the test.

^ thats what im thinking now, i got #1 at tdc though and checked the distributor shaft.

Ok after re-examining the carbs, noticed only one carb is actually spraying fuel still, any ideas where i should look? After that i grabbed some starter fluid and carb cleaner and proceeded to spray them in while cranking the car. Noticed #6 likes to shoot flames out the carbs which i would assume is backfiring through the intake but not sure if its just from the leftover starter fluid. If i keep doing it it'll start for a second, stay on for about two-three seconds and loses it while still holding the key. I borrowed a timing gun from a friend so ill be able to check timing. Im not ruling out the resistor but only until after i get the carbs spraying right. No motor never ran freshly rebuilt.