HybridZ

L28 turbo swap checking.

Blobber

I started making the l28et swap with z31 ecu conversion almost two years ago and it's still going on. I have tried using z31 harness and z31 ecu to make the engine run, but I never couldn't figure it out and I finally decided to start all over. Now I have 82 or 83 280zx turbo wiring harness, 280zx coil bracket, ignition harness, head temp sensor, TPS and turbo dizzy. Now I ask your help so I can finally complete this swap. First question is that do I have everything I need on the coil bracket? I attached a picture to show what I have.

post-2353-058360100 1333311504_thumb.jpg

second questions is that my ignition harness is cut and it's missing fuel pump relay. Who I connect the fuel pump relay to this wiring?

post-2353-032250000 1333311606_thumb.jpg

Third question is that I'm missing the resistor for the swap. Can replace the resistor by making some kind of DIY resistor?

Also I would like to know if I'm missing some vital part from the swap?

I know that these questions might have been asked before, but have mercy on me and if you don't want to write answer again, could you at least give me a link to the answer?

To answer your second question, no...that area of the harness (I see coil/tacho labels) is not at all where you should hook up your fuel pump relay. You may also be confusing the terms "fuel pump relay" and "EFI relay"...my harness only had the original "EFI relay" and I had to buy a fuel pump relay separately (to receive a signal from pin 16 on the ECU (blue wire with red strip) to turn on the fuel pump)

Thank you for the answers. Wires in the second picture are the ends of the wires, which go to the coil bracket plug in the first picture. And the blue wire with the coil+tacho label is the one, which is the upper blue wire in first picture(not the one, which goes to ignitor)

What comes to the efi relay/fuel pump relay comment. Am I correct, but isn't this the EFI relay?

post-2353-068417000 1333379360_thumb.jpg