HybridZ

72 240z found in salvage yard!

If those wheels are enkei's I want the 3 of them.....been trying to find another set of those since I sold my '78 back in 1993!! Let me know if you can get them, I'm definitely serious about it and I'll pay for shipping!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know the demand on those stock carbs?

Thinking of pulling them for resale but don't want to waste my time/money :rolleyes:

I have read that flat top carbs are the biggest pieces of junk. In fact people used to switch them out with round tops from 1970-1972 model years or the very common weber down draft carbs when they were new.

Ths car is definitely a 1973.

Edited by padam07

I think it`s a 510???

That's a 1976-1978 Datsun 810. Which was renamed the Maxima in 1980 when they went to the Nissan name.

Oh by the way it has a L24 engine in it.

Edited by padam07

That's a 1976-1978 Datsun 810. Which was renamed the Maxima in 1980 when they went to the Nissan name.

Oh by the way it has a L24 engine in it.

GOOD CALL!CHECK OUT A FEW IMAGES OF THE 810 AND YES IT HAS THE L24,DID IT ALSO HAVE THE SAME DISPLACEMENT AS THE 240Z ???

Interresting picts... you might inquire as to whole car price on the Z and maybe the 810, you will pay 3 times more if you are just buying parts, for ther same parts. Some lots will just sell the whole deal if they can turn it over, especially on older cars. you can then get the parts you need for here and (Ebay) and junk the rest of the shell. it's no fun seeing one die, but if it's been caved on the passenger side like you said, then it's best to recycle what you can and put it out of it's misery.