HybridZ

Straight Axle Conversion

Adam

I was wondering if all of those that have done a straight axle conversion might/would post pictures and comments of their conversions. I am looking to start mine soon and have been exploring all the options for some time now. I feel that if we made a thread that combines all of these in one this might make it easier for others to do the conversion if they like.

The setup that I will be going with is a 4-link with a panhard bar. For my build I have chosen a ford 9 inch for my conversion over the common 8.8. I will be ordering parts starting tomorrow for my build and look forward to seeing those that others have done!

• 2 weeks later...

Just broke my last axle on my indepndent rear on friday. No more procrastinating the 8.8 is going in. Im going to install it useing maximum motorsports torque arm, panhard bar and coilovers. This will mean that i will not need to use upper controll arms and not have to cut up the car to much. The rear from a 5.0 mustang will need to be narrowed 2 and 1/4 inches on each side. The nice thing is that all i will have to fab is a place to bolt the lower control arms to where the seatbelt buckets are. A mount for the panhard bar and coilovers. everything that goes on the rear itself is bolt on and will make the install fairly ease. Good luck on your build.