HybridZ

Crunched front end:(

Ouch, how old is your son? Mine is 17 but I have already predicted his accident will be exactly like this. I've actually been collecting extra front end parts for this very reason.

That is one reason he is going to drive it butt ugly until I know he can handle simple driving.

18. Wish I had the forethought. At least we have an extra air dam!

Very sorry to hear about your z. Reminds me of when I crashed my 75 280z turbo when a lady on a phone merged into me on FWY not paying attention. Mine went to Z Heaven . Yours does look very fixable. I stay in upland Ca if u need any parts I just pulled the full front end front a 72 240z that was red. all parts are in great shape . Let me know if u need anything thing I will give u a deal.

Thanks! I'm in Hermosa Beach today and tomorrow. How far is that from here??

^ LOL so much faith in him. Good call though, I started out with a nice 93 300zx na and my dad trusted me (was 17), I never fooled around, I knew what was at stake. Shame he smashed up the front end but luckily he is safe and the z looks to be in good shape. Just the hood and fender need preplacing hopefully. Im sure now he know's how to judge such a situation, **** happens though. Good luck with the repairs, I hope she ends up more beautiful than before!

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Oh yeah, I had just changed my Star Tac for a new Nokia... This was Y2K or just before. I just smiled watching his front end rip off..."expensive lesson" made even more expensive because he just wouldn't accept ant of his fault. Lots of people like that in OC...sad...

Wow! What a story! Thanks this incident didn't happen to my son!! Hell, I'm in the OC right now, it is pretty crazy, but I love OC :lol:!!

So you don't have to post individually, you can click the "multiquote" button on all the posts you want to reply to. Once you have them all selected, click the "add reply" button. It will have them all in the reply box. They will be separated in the box and you can address each one specifically.

I hope this S30 gets back on the road as good as new!

• Like 1

So, after removing the damaged parts, it looks like the radiator core support panel is slighly pushed in and needs to be replaced unless there is a way to cut in another good section because the hinges punched through it. The right fender is buckled, but I wonder if the mounting section can be repaired with a good one? The other parts are obviously 'toast'(See Carnage Pic). I'll have to bring it to a body shop to see what it's going to cost to pull out and straighten the right quarter area. I'll get a close pic of the radiator core support tonight.

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
Images way to large. Please resize before posting. 3 megs is huge.

I had the same luck happen to me.I`ve posted pic on this forum. Try to get in touch with 1NONLYZ on this forum,he`s out in NEW MEXICO. He might have what you need! My TURBO Z is back on the road because of his help on sending the radiator support. Great guy to do business with.

I had the same luck happen to me.I`ve posted pic on this forum. Try to get in touch with 1NONLYZ on this forum,he`s out in NEW MEXICO. He might have what you need! My TURBO Z is back on the road because of his help on sending the radiator support. Great guy to do business with.

Nice to know I'm not alone. Someone has already given me the contact info for 1NONLYZsmile.gif.

Here's the pics of the radiator core support, both sides....

post-27130-031877200 1334416069_thumb.jpg

post-27130-095585400 1334416084_thumb.jpg

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
Images way to large. Please resize before posting.

Just a reminder there`s over 80 spot-welds to remove.The most toughest were at the bottom core that attaches to the frame rails.Be careful in that area cause there is a outer spot weld and a inner spot-weld... i think altogether 4spotwelds for each side that are hard to see. Good luck! http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/cimg6450m.jpg/

Very sorry to hear about this. looks like a very clean z. If you dont mind me asking what are the dimensions on those wheels and where did you buy them?

Thanks! The wheels came with the car when I bought it. I believe they are 14x7's. They come up frequently for sale on forums and CG.

Yeah, 1NonlyZ should be able to hook you up. There's still a lot of old Z's here in NM, though the yards aren't keeping them, so parts with become even more scarce.

Tried to get ahold of 1NONLYZ, to no avail.

Took car to a couple of body shops. One said they would need to cut out and replace the whole front section due to the body under right fender being bent. They were talking about sectioning part of another front clip(no way!). 12 hours@$70 and I provide front clipohmy.gif! The other one said they could save the section and I would need to get another radiatior core support to weld in. $800 complete, and just about what I thought it would need.

So, i'm on the hunt for the following:

1. Radiator core support
  2. Hood w/hinges and rods
  3. Right side fender+headlight scoop
  4. Right side turn signal assy(clear) or both sides amber to match.
  5. Bumper
  6. Grill
  7. Front valance(maybe not), only minor dents and hid from air dam(but if good one available might just pick one up)

I have some leads on a few things in the bay area, but the radiator core support is hardest to find unless I find a whole front clip I suppose.