HybridZ

Series 1 240z Roll Cage Build

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a break on the cage yesterday. Was having a hell of a time with the halo bar. Could not get the notch right if my life depended in it. So tore down my 300zx tranny and a old Blowen 4 speed so I could get the bell housing off the machine shop.

So this morning went for it again and got it on the first try. Figures.

Here are the pics.

3f72dd24.jpg

1b94beba.jpg

Nice work! Nice looking cage. Are you going to do all the final welding as well? From what I saw of your other welds you're a good welder.

How much to do a cage in my Z? Seriously, I have two Z's that need a full SCCA cage. I'm a long days drive from you. I can take care of the transportation. I might be able to bring a third car your way.

Nice work! Nice looking cage. Are you going to do all the final welding as well? From what I saw of your other welds you're a good welder.

How much to do a cage in my Z? Seriously, I have two Z's that need a full SCCA cage. I'm a long days drive from you. I can take care of the transportation. I might be able to bring a third car your way.

Yes I am doing all the welding and building the car from start to finish. I would love to do a cage for you as well but I have a second kid on the way so it's gonna be tough getting into the garge once he/ she has arrived. ( dont know the sex yet). Also before I said yes I want to make sure it passes tech. I have got the lower windshield bar braces welded in and the rear main hoop braces tacked into place. Still need to do the diagonal bar and haness bar and door bars. Not sure on what to do w/ the door bars do to I am going to be driving this car to and from the track. No trailer princess for this guy.

John C. If you could give me some ideas on door bars would be most appreciated

Also I will add some more pics tonight

Edited by robbs70z

Yes I am doing all the welding and building the car from start to finish. I would love to do a cage for you as well but I have a second kid on the way so it's gonna be tough getting into the garge once he/ she has arrived. ( dont know the sex yet). Also before I said yes I want to make sure it passes tech. I have got the lower windshield bar braces welded in and the rear main hoop braces tacked into place. Still need to do the diagonal bar and haness bar and door bars. Not sure on what to do w/ the door bars do to I am going to be driving this car to and from the track. No trailer princess for this guy.

No real hurries here. Finish your car and tech it, by then you'll know what's involved and how much labor to charge for.

Yea I know that but I still need to be able to use all the door internals including the window and being able to roll it up when it's rain or when it's cold out when not on the track. I do have some ideas but need to get the doors back on the car.

Here's the option I am going with

kimi-raikkonen-rally-sweden.jpg

Stationary Lexan windows with the slider units.

WRC cars drive from stage to stage, in all sorts of weather conditions. I love the idea.

http://www.plastics4performance.com/product.asp?strParents=288%2C430%2C431&CAT_ID=614&P_ID=431&numCurrencyID=1

Roughly $582 for side windows and rear window.

So got a little more work done on the roll cage. Cut holes on the rear fender wells and also in the roof. I really did not want to cut off the roof and I like doing sheet metal work so I said screw it and cut holes. I and going to patch the holes on the roof tonight. So keep watch so you can see the final details on the roof.

I did finish welding the cage. All I got left is door bars and a few more tubes going to the front/rear strut towers and a few gussets.

Enjoy

some seam welding added

00d52ae2.jpg

Holes in the roof

54d7052c.jpg

Rear fender well

eb5d930e.jpg