HybridZ

Maxima rear brake calipers, what year?

Hi,

I bought this http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/102954-desert-z-brake-conversion/ and I need a rep. set. Sent Shaun an email just before the weekend, but no answer yet, and I`m in a hurry. Only later Maxima models where delivered in Norway, can only find rep sets for 90+ models, and I belive theese are older? If I need to have something shipped over, I would like to get it right the first time! :)

Thank`s!

1985 - it has a removeable bracket for the emergency brake cable. The 1984 (wrong year) has a emergency brake bracket that is cast as part of the caliper - you don't want that one. I paid about $120 each US$.

Thank`s! Here in Norway we only had the Maxima from 1990 and up. It may go under another name. Do you know wich engine model the 1985 Maxima with theese brakes had? It would be alot faster for me picking it up local...

Thank`s! Here in Norway we only had the Maxima from 1990 and up. It may go under another name. Do you know wich engine model the 1985 Maxima with theese brakes had? It would be alot faster for me picking it up local...

How lond did the Datsun name last in Norway? In the US the Maxima was called the 810 when it was branded as a Datsun.

I'm pretty sure the calipers from your link are from an 88 maxima with the 3 liter vg30e engine. I bought his kit and when I asked him what pads to get he said 88. His kit is nice but I haven't used it yet. Just installed on the rear end. I can't say for sure but it looks like he just end milled the 88 brackets also. He has his kits on craigslist all the time. Search datsun in San Diego and call him up. He's cool like that.

I just sent an e-mail to him too, just got around to installing my set and looking for some instructions :lol: .

When I asked he said they are from the rear of an 85 maxima. If it's impossible to find over there, I'm sure we can send a set over. Looks like they were also called a bluebird u11