HybridZ

Staring tear down for V8 Conversion

Ok I have had this 77 Datsun for about a year now and starting to tear into it. I was going to go a ls motor but went the carb setup instead. I recently bought a 350 motor and turbo 400 transmission that came out of a farm truck. My main question now is will the turbo 350 transmission mount work with the turbo 400 or will this be a custom bracket that I will need to be made?

This is where I get lost at, I don't do well with the drive line ratio's. What would be a recommendation on this. If I was to use this Turbo 400 transmission how would it act as in driving on the street. This is going to be just a fun vehicle nothing freeway speeds besides a couple times but most 45-50 mph zones.

Edit: The other question I have is I have read a lot of people that have turbo 400 trans have 3.55 rear gears but if my research is right doesn't the R200 diff(manual) already have 3.54 rear gears?

Edited by DatsunLSX

I run a th400 with a 2800-3000 stall with 3.54 rear gears and a 25inch tall tire. Its roughly around 3200rpm at 65mph on the freeway. The droning from the exhaust is annoying more than anything.

As in the stock rear R200 rear end?