HybridZ

Eibach Lowering springs don't look drop

Hey all, so I just got installed some eibach lowering springs with a set of blue Tokico HP's struts. I've researched and seen many Z 's results after this setup was installed on and they look awesome. But sadly mine looks weird. The rear of my Z is dropped i compared it with before and after pictures but the front still looks like how it was at stock height. I installed the taller springs in the front and shorter springs in the rear. Could alignment be an issue as to why the front end is higher? Please anyone, feed backs or tips will be greatly appreciated for why the front is higher. Thank you!

Edited by Phantom Z

It sounds like you have them installed correctly but you can verify by the part numbers printed on each spring. Part numbers ending in .001 go in the front and .202 go in the rear.

Also check that the springs are seated correctly in their seats.

I have the same springs in my 240z. There is about 1/4 inch more clearance between the front tire/fender lip in the front than in the rear.

Edited by rossman

Thanks, yes i did check them multiple times. The 1 's went in the front and the 2's went in the back. Theres about a 2 and a quarter gap from my tires to the wheel fender lip. Are my wheel set up to small? Im running 225 50 15. And the speings are seated so you can read the numbers right side up.

Edited by Phantom Z

if you still have stock rubber suspension bushings, and you tightened the suspension all the way back up while the car was still on the jack, then it will ride too high.You are supposed to tighten the lower control arm bushings (front and rear) while the car's weight (including a passenger) is resting on the suspension. Just try loosening and then re-tightening them.

if you still have stock rubber suspension bushings, and you tightened the suspension all the way back up while the car was still on the jack, then it will ride too high.You are supposed to tighten the lower control arm bushings (front and rear) while the car's weight (including a passenger) is resting on the suspension. Just try loosening and then re-tightening them.

Wow, i never really thought about that. And yes i did tighten it up while it was still on the jack. Thank you a bunch!!! I'll be doing that this weekend! So will i have to take my wheels off again then loosen it or loosen the control arms with the wheels mounted on?

Edited by Phantom Z

• 2 weeks later...