HybridZ

What did you do to your Z today?

Racer Z

Well - yesterday I remounted the dual fan relays to the shroud.  The single screw kept coming out so I redid it and added a rivet at a second location to lock it down tight.

Today I took receipt of my new Techno Toys suspension.  Checking it out and then going for an install next week.

Got all the stuff off of my turbo block and pressure washed it, next step is to break down the internals and rebuild them...any suggestions on ring, bearing, seals and gasket manufacturers. I'm just doing a stock turbo L28ET and I might throw in a intercooler and BOV.

• 2 weeks later...

Been chasing a rear knock sensor low voltage code and P0131 P0151 (O2 low voltage) codes in my LS1 swap as well as an oil leak at the back of the manifold.  The knock sensor code means the sensor has failed, harness is pinched, etc.  The other two codes may be due to bad O2 sensors, vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, etc.  Ordered new knock sensors (2), new knock sensor harnesses, new O2 sensors, new valley cover gasket, new knock sensor gaskets, and new intake manifold gaskets.

Pulled everything off tonight and found out the valley cover gasket was leaking like a sieve, the rear knock sensor depression was full of oil, the rear knock sensor gasket was half off, and the intake manifold gaskets were in need of replacement.  Additionally, I learned that this one little plastic connector on the back of the manifold was for the Camaro/Firebird a/c and heater vents; I had it connected to my manifold but it was not connected to anything else......can you say vacuum leak?

I tried to drive her yesterday with bad results. I pulled her out of the garage to warm up and step away for a few minutes. I come back to a puddle of fuel underneath the rear right of the fuel tank. I quickly shut her off and inspected the leak. Luckily nothing happend but it looks like my fuel damper is shot. Thats what I get for neglecting her for 3 weeks...

Yesterday i changed the front pads and rear shoes for Msa semi-metallic ones. Also changed brake fluid and put some stainless steel brake lines on. After that i went too look in an old barn were there should be some datsun parts. There were 2 280zx man complete cars. So soon i will have 2 f54/n42 engines and 2 r200 (3.9) and 2

5 speed trans as spares. One engine and one trans was rebuilt and out of the car. Great job for one day.

Cut out and tack welded rear fender wells in anticipation of installing a Reaction Research Vella Rossa

kit.  Note for others, plasma cutters are fun, but the wrong tool for this job, but an angle grinder w/cut

off wheel makes for a drama free adventure...

Fixed the fuel leak and drove her around on Sunday. Everything seems to be working ok for now, *knocks on wood*.

I've been meaning to post these, my friend did a nice mini photo shoot for my car at a local gathering a few weeks back. 

He made my car look better than it is! Excuse the dirtiness though I hadn't washed her in awhile and I didn't know he was 

going to shoot the car :o

280z7513_zpsecd4206e.jpg

280z47513_zpsc488251b.jpg

280z57513_zps3ad85628.jpg

280z37513_zps872bbf76.jpg

280z77513_zpsded851ba.jpg

280z67513_zpsf6358431.jpg

280z27513_zps03492e0f.jpg

Edited by sito