HybridZ

What did you do to your Z today?

Racer Z

Met with the body/paint guy to get started on my project. As a result of the car having been in a wreck previous to my ownership, we struggled setting the panel gaps of the subtle z fiberglass kit and the car itself. It will need quite some work to get everything in order. I'm heading to the junkyards tomorrow in search of a few missing bolts, shims etc for fitment purposes. It looks like it will be a long term project.

I used my new best friend today.

friend1.jpg

This 3 foot pipe worked wonders on several problem nuts and bolts. I tried for a week to loosen the jam nuts to carry on working on the front suspension with no luck. I cut the end off of a 22mm wrench and fit it in the pipe -Voila! Along with a ratchet breaker bar, the moustache bar/differential nuts are now loose and I got the knuckle bar removed from the strut.

friend2.jpg

2012 fits and starts suspension restoration

The right application of heat works too. I recently destroyed several tools trying to get the rear hubs apart on my dually. Had a friend suggest using a torch and heat the surface and walla.... bolts came right out. I damn near thru a snap-on 1/2 impact in the trash i was so frustrated.

The right application of heat works too.

Since my boots were shot I tried heat, but the jam nuts still wouldn't budge. I had left the moustache bar nuts behind as I didn't want to try heat next to the fuel tank (I was going to leave the old bushings in if I didn't get the nuts off eventually). I agree though, the torch works great and had .......... up to the front end. :)

1975 280z where most hard jobs go without stress, but some of those simple ones :fmad: