HybridZ

70s BRE 240z fender stripes

jax 260z

Does anybody have any templates or measurements to duplicate the front fender stripes that BRE racing used on the 240z race cars ? I have tried to contact BRE directly, but haven't heard back from them. I am ready to paint my 260z, and would like to put the stripes on it.

BRE is local to me and works some with my club, I do know they are out racing and touring right now so that might be why you have not heard from them yet. I'll see if I can call over there and find out for you. You don't want to duplicate the stripes since they are trademarked.

I am pretty sure "the man" won't come after you if you paint BRE stripes and DATSUN on your car.  I think the BRE graphics are now available from BRE.

http://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=B&Category_Code=decals_sub_240Z

looks like you are on your own with the stripes though.

Edited by cygnusx1

I am not looking for an exact measurement, I just want to put some stripes on my fenders, And if you look at the new dodge challengers they have a small version of the stripes on the front fenders, and also in their web site when you look at options ! If this is going to be a problem for someone, I will just put on some early gt350mustang stripes down the center. Thanks to all.

I am not looking for an exact measurement, I just want to put some stripes on my fenders, And if you look at the new dodge challengers they have a small version of the stripes on the front fenders, and also in their web site when you look at options ! If this is going to be a problem for someone, I will just put on some early gt350mustang stripes down the center. Thanks to all.

The new Dodge logo is 2 racing stripes, this is a nod to the popular racing stripes seen on many muscle cars.

The two fender stripes have been used on many cars, including the original Corvette ZR1.

That said, there's not much BRE can do about you applying two fender stripes to your own car.

From their website:

"Just a reminder: the BRE race car graphics and BRE logo are trademarks of Brock Racing Enterprises LLC. If you have, or are creating, a clone of a BRE car, please contact us for licensing information at info@bre2.net"

Doesnt sound like you are creating a clone though...