HybridZ

What is the most power achievable on 87 octane?

mutantZ

• 8 years later...

8 years on.....  

Car is now 3000hp.  

We still run at Kennedy space center runway which was renamed "Johnny bohmer proving grounds".   

I stopped making input with the project after they installed those tubes to the boxes in the back to pick up dirt and low pressure air behind the rear tires.

I'm sure the air brought in from the stock location (high pressure area on deck in front of deck lip) was more than enough but...........

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQKDgEAYylSy6fcE6bwD3EQ

I feel a p79 or p90 head on an f54 block with flat tops has enough squish to keep detonation down in naturally aspirated form.  Being able to change the timing curve to your needs is a huge plus.  

Running a functional egr system will allow more advance during light throttle driving.  

A lot of l28/f54 will detonate at stock base timing witj 87 if the egr is not working because many ecus may advance spark if it assumes the  egr is working.  

This has nothing with full throttle operation but it is where I find l28 to ping most often.  

Edited by HowlerMonkey