HybridZ

where to buy front windsheild weather seal

voltron_boi

I am going to have my car painted this week, and was just wondering where do you guys purchase your windshield seal at. The guy that took off my windshield, he told me that there is 2 type. One, I can install my chrome molding trim, and the other one I cannot. I would prefer the oem style, so I can install my chrome molding trim.

I have purchased weather seal kits etc. from Motor Sports Auto and Black Dragon. As I recall they both sell kits and individual seals made by Precision Replacement Parts Corp. I have used the Precision kits on two 240Z projects and the only problem I had was with the hatch glass seal. The corners of the hatch seal were not molded correctly leaving the corner of the glass exposed and unsealed. I ended up buying an OEM hatch seal from Courtesy Nissan which fit perfectly. Most likely, the places that sell after market 240Z weather seals get them from Precision Replacement Parts Corp.

Do a search in the Body and Interior forums for more info on weather seal sources and how to install the windshield.

• 2 weeks later...

from Zcar.com

"Many of us have bought parts over the years from the ZBarn in Tennessee. Roger, the owner, has been an invaluable resource for Z addicts. I inquired about a part the other day and this is the reply:

Due to some life-changing events, I have closed the Z Barn, so I can't help you with your request. . . . If you know anyone that would be interested in purchasing my entire remaining inventory, please have them email me."

Roger Schmidt

The Z Barn, INC.

• 1 month later...