HybridZ

S130 Air Dams

Well I'm in dire need of an air dam, and I can't say I'm all that thrilled with the offerings from MSA. Is there anything else out there? I'm seen some nice looking pieces from Kaminari, but I have no idea where to find one.

The only MSA kit I could live with is the Type 3: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/7FAD/50-1429, or Type 1: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/7FAD/50-1410 If anyone has more pictures/angles they could post that would be greatly appreciated.

Otherwise can anyone point me in the direction of composite air dam that keeps the stock bumper?

Cheers!

Edited by m1ghtymaxXx

This is my favorite airdam that keeps the bumper. Its a kaminari one that PPK found in a junkyard. I believe frank 280zx also have a pretty sweet looking air dam also.

189679_209230815756093_100000075273173_840750_8347823_n.jpg

196581_209229459089562_100000075273173_840747_1678301_n.jpg

The stuff MSA sells looks *** as hell. I was about to do that, but I like the Gnose on 280zx's, granted its not pained yet.

PICT0006-1.jpg

PICT0007-1.jpg

I'd love to see some decent pictures of an installed Xenon urethane air dam . . . It's up on eBay all the time, MSA has it here. Or the one with brake ducts here - I'm pretty sure they're the Xenon ones. But the pictures on MSA's site don't help much, and neither do the few others I can find online. They're all either at a crappy angle, poor lighting, or totally unpainted & the hood up at the same time.

Meh, the IMSA is a little too boxy, and you need at least 10" wide rims front and rear to actually make it look fitted right. Plus its like $1g

Actually the airdam is $350 according to the link above. The $1g is for the whole body kit.

Awesome post! Who makes the one you and slownrusty have, and where can I find one? (they look liking matching pieces).

Do you have any shots with the bumper on, and can you ID any of the others posted?

Awesome post! Who makes the one you and slownrusty have, and where can I find one? (they look liking matching pieces).

Do you have any shots with the bumper on, and can you ID any of the others posted?

The Air Dam I have was scored off the black ZX in the pictures i used it as a donor car and it came with the car but I believe it's an old MSA l air dam. The better person to ask is Slownrusty but there's like 5-6 other members here that have them too.

Here are some with the same air dam with bumper on they are members on here forgot there names

ff963420.jpg

09c0670e.jpg

The other air dams I saw on yahoo Japan just don't know the name of them I believe there made in Japan but are buyable.

The red one is DevilZX, its a variation of the ducted xenon airdam MSA sells. The top white zx is actually out of commission, the owner junked it after wrecking it. His front lip was a fiberglass lip that was bondoed over to make it smooth ( after someone kicked in his front lip).

@roger: The front bumper itself is $350, but it is about 2 inches wider than the actual front fenders are, so you would need to run the front fenders or trim it and re-glass it. That's why I said about a grand. Full kit is $2750.

Edited by BluDestiny

I really like that one. Bummer they aren't available in the US.

I like it too, my Kamei air dam was like that, without the little triangle cut out thingies in the corners. If I ever find another Kamei air dam, I would throw money at that person in a heartbeat.

Sorry pictures kinda suck, maybe someone can lighten them up to see it better.

IMAG0113.jpg

2010-11-23124500.jpg

The red one is DevilZX, its a variation of the ducted xenon airdam MSA sells. The top white zx is actually out of commission, the owner junked it after wrecking it. His front lip was a fiberglass lip that was bondoed over to make it smooth ( after someone kicked in his front lip).

@roger: The front bumper itself is $350, but it is about 2 inches wider than the actual front fenders are, so you would need to run the front fenders or trim it and re-glass it. That's why I said about a grand. Full kit is $2750.

I remember now DevilZX had the same exact accident I did with my ZX even the damage looked the same unfortunately i haven't fixed my ZX because I haven't found a good front end replacement like he did.

Hey Guys - I have had many people ask me about my front spoiler. I bought it 7 or 8 years ago from a Japanese company that is now sadly defunct, they used to specialize in our cars and older RWD Toyotas (AE86, KP61, MA60 etc). I forget their name but I believe it was Garage Something or Another, I just draw a blank right now. If I go back through my paperwork and brochures I might be able to find it. I bought 3 in total and two of them were badly damaged from shipping (and I sold one to another HybridZ member that has not posted in a long time). When I received them I had to do a fair bit of fiberglass repair to make them strong and perfect again.

There are not many front spoilers that suit the S130 nose, so I feel lucky about the one on my car, as I bought it from a poor picture when it was sitting on the floor and not mounted on a car.

A few recent pictures:

399498714.jpg

DSC1785-L.jpg

The red car that m1ghtymaxXx posted is simply beautiful and perfect...that owner nailed it.

Yasin

Edited by slownrusty

slownrusty man I love that white car.I hope when I get back on my 81 turbo I can manage to turn it into a black similarity.The car just looks wicked.With the head on pic in the above post I may be able to build a plug for a similar spoiler.Working on my 82 NA car now.Thanks for posting.E

You know yasin, of all the S30's without bumpers that look fantastic, I've never seen a S130 look "right" without a bumper. But yet your car on the other hand, should be banned from EVER driving ANYWHERE without the hood and bumper REMOVED!!! Man that's just pure sex on the beach with a margarita in hand.

slownrusty man I love that white car.I hope when I get back on my 81 turbo I can manage to turn it into a black similarity.The car just looks wicked.With the head on pic in the above post I may be able to build a plug for a similar spoiler.Working on my 82 NA car now.Thanks for posting.E

You know yasin, of all the S30's without bumpers that look fantastic, I've never seen a S130 look "right" without a bumper. But yet your car on the other hand, should be banned from EVER driving ANYWHERE without the hood and bumper REMOVED!!! Man that's just pure sex on the beach with a margarita in hand.

Thanks guys you made my day!

Gollum - you crack me up bro...

Have a great weekend.

Yasin