HybridZ

s30 Fiberglass tilt front clip i've googled for hrs...

vega

So it sounds to me that I am going to have to make my own front clip. I can't find one I have called everywhere I can think of. Jc Whit literally told me to fornicate myself... which was lovely.

SO, unless you folks know of a fiberglass front clip I am going to need a hand in finding some CHEAP parts to start with and modify to mold together.

Anyone know the least expensive fiberglass front fenders, and fiberglass hood out there? I don't care if they are a crappy install or need work, as long as it looks like it is for the s30 (I have a 78 2 seater). I would be modifying the hood with my own design of scoops anyhow for the radiator and forced cold air induction system. I have a wide variety of front bumpers I can use so no issue there.

My dog can provide both better service and better parts then show cars.That guy has horrible service. There's someone on the forum whose doing/completed a tubular front end s30 with a vq35 swap who had a full fiberglass front end made. I believe he or the shop still has the molds. He actually made his own rims for the same vehicle if my memory serves. Good luck.

Mrolston, Do you have a rough idea of how much your shop wants for that one piece front end? May want one made as well.

He really isn't in the business of Selling parts since he and I made the mold just for this car but you can ask him. His name is Al and he runs Al's Bodyworks in Austin. 512-836-1851.

showcarbodyparts might want to give these guys a call before you start making molds and such, unless you just want to do it.

Research that company well before you call them too ...

My dog can provide both better service and better parts then show cars.That guy has horrible service. There's someone on the forum whose doing/completed a tubular front end s30 with a vq35 swap who had a full fiberglass front end made. I believe he or the shop still has the molds. He actually made his own rims for the same vehicle if my memory serves. Good luck.

I won't buy from him, and I live within driving distance.

He's at some of the larger swap meets around here and the 'glass products he sells always look like they were laid up by a 1 arm, 1 eye chimpanzee. He wants a lot of money for the stuff too. I don't know how he's still around.

Contact Justin at Z force productions. He makes a wide array of glass parts at really good prices, and his stuff is quality. I know first hand, I'm looking at the G nose I bought from him a week ago as we speak. He makes fenders and hoods already so incorprating headlight buckets shouldn't be too hard. I know he's always willing to try a new project too. zforceproductions.com

Contact Justin at Z force productions. He makes a wide array of glass parts at really good prices, and his stuff is quality. I know first hand, I'm looking at the G nose I bought from him a week ago as we speak. He makes fenders and hoods already so incorprating headlight buckets shouldn't be too hard. I know he's always willing to try a new project too. zforceproductions.com

Have you seen any of his hoods? I haven't seen anything on the quality of his hoods, and I don't remember seeing pictures of it last time I was on the site. His other stuff looks good from pictures though.

The only thing I've seen in person is the G nose I got from him. Judging from it, his hoods are probably good quality. My G nose isn't perfect, don't get me wrong. I will have a few hours of bondo and sanding before I can figure out mounting and paint it. But that is to be expected, and I don't mind having to do all that in the slightest. I assume his hoods are of a similar fashion, yes they're cheap and a good deal, but you've gotta put some work into them to get them perfect. That's really what a Z car is anyways, you buy it for cheap, spend some time getting it going, and end up with the best car ever haha so I don't mind. Definitely do not buy from showcars body parts. I called him at one point and left a message. I never heard back from him, and I ended up making a thread on here asking about him. Not one person had a single good thing to say. He ended up calling me back a month later, I didn't answer nor call back. Z force on the other hand, I emailed saying I wasn't ready to buy but just had some questions and everything. A week and 25 emails between the two of us later, I was sure I was gonna go that route. He ended up having a customer back out on him, so I bought the G nose the other guy didn't want. A week and a half after that, I picked it up at the greyhound station in San Fransisco. He even messaged me on facebook to make sure I knew it had arrived and wanted to make sure I was happy when I picked it up. That's what I call great service, and he has a great piece as well.

Perfect, as in, fitment, or just little things here and there, like nicks, scratches, etc?

I'll buy a fiberglass hood in a heartbeat if I don't have to go severely out of my way to make it fit. A wipe of filler here and there is cool, half a gallon is not. No other fiberglass hood supplier seems to have a good reputation. Preferably it would work with stock hinges.

Edited by KnightoftheRound