HybridZ

Smaller Steering Wheel for 240z

robmurt90

So I need a new steering wheel for my 240 cause some how the threads on the adapter got stripped out, I currently removed the adapter and put the stock steering wheel on and I really like how its further away from my body but Don't like the size of the wheel (diameter). Does any one know if they sell steering wheels that will slip on the factory spline's but a smaller in diameter? I'm limited on room b/c of my rollcage and like not using the huge adapter to get a smaller wheel.

So I need a new steering wheel for my 240 cause some how the threads on the adapter got stripped out, I currently removed the adapter and put the stock steering wheel on and I really like how its further away from my body but Don't like the size of the wheel (diameter). Does any one know if they sell steering wheels that will slip on the factory spline's but a smaller in diameter? I'm limited on room b/c of my rollcage and like not using the huge adapter to get a smaller wheel.

My Momo Race and hub are spaced exactly where the stock wheel was. It depends on the amount of dish the aftermarket wheel has and the length of the adapter. Get a flatter wheel, use an adapter and you'll be fine. I don't know of any smaller diameter wheels that fit the 240Z steering shaft splines.

My Momo Race and hub are spaced exactly where the stock wheel was. It depends on the amount of dish the aftermarket wheel has and the length of the adapter. Get a flatter wheel, use an adapter and you'll be fine. I don't know of any smaller diameter wheels that fit the 240Z steering shaft splines.

Awesome, I'll do just that, yeah the hub that came with my car is like 4" long. So I'll just order a new momo hub, the wheel I have now is completely flat so I should be good. Thanks for your help.

Awesome, I'll do just that, yeah the hub that came with my car is like 4" long. So I'll just order a new momo hub, the wheel I have now is completely flat so I should be good. Thanks for your help.

I can measure my hub tonight as well.

Don't know if you plan on using a QR, but I have decided to get a weld-on LTB autosports (http://ltbautosports.com/ltbqurewe.html) quick release and weld it to my steering shaft. I really only want the QR for anti-theft reasons, but I believe this will acctually push the wheel closer to the windshield than stock (assuming a flat wheel). I can understand if this is something you don't want to do, but for me it makes total sense (not dealing with adapters, not dealing with crappy quick releases, not dealing with having the wheel too close to me). My car is a street only car (pretty much), or at least will be when it's done.

Edited by luseboy

Don't know if you plan on using a QR, but I have decided to get a weld-on LTB autosports (http://ltbautosports.com/ltbqurewe.html) quick release and weld it to my steering shaft. I really only want the QR for anti-theft reasons, but I believe this will acctually push the wheel closer to the windshield than stock (assuming a flat wheel). I can understand if this is something you don't want to do, but for me it makes total sense (not dealing with adapters, not dealing with crappy quick releases, not dealing with having the wheel too close to me). My car is a street only car (pretty much), or at least will be when it's done.

How does the QR work on it? Is it a pin type like the others? Also is there any slop in it?

How does the QR work on it? Is it a pin type like the others? Also is there any slop in it?

It is a spline type. I searched around all over different forums and google for hours and this is supposedly a really good one. There is supposed to be very very minimal slop, but a no-slop QR is apparently impossible :huh:. This one seemed to be the best.

It is a spline type. I searched around all over different forums and google for hours and this is supposedly a really good one. There is supposed to be very very minimal slop, but a no-slop QR is apparently impossible :huh:. This one seemed to be the best.

Yeah I was gonna say looking at the pictures again looked like it was a spline time. Sounds good to me, yeah I realize it's gonna have some slop.

Yeah I mean i'm sure it won't be perfect, but very good from what I hear. If you really want no slop, one of the ones pegasus racing makes is supposed to be as good as it gets, but it costs like $500. I figure I can deal with a little bit of slop. I also like the idea of having it welded on, less bolts to get loose.

Edited by luseboy

Just measured my hub adapter, sorry for the delay! I kept forgetting about it and have the Z at work today so I grabbed my ruler and it measured out to approximately 3.125". This is a less than 1-year-old Momo hub.