HybridZ

mysterious smoke from fuel rail

Recently(this morning) I got my 280z running after it had been sitting for roughly 7 years. I replaced all the rubber fuel lines, spark plugs, plug wires and fuel filter. And the car started right up. However I did not replace the old, corroded fuel injector lines. I let the car idle for a few minutes and then did a few revs to get it warmed up and back into shape. when I shut off the car I looked to see if any fuel lines broke. None did, but there was some blue-ish, faint smoke coming from the injectors. When you look closely you can see that a small amount of gas seeps through the injector lines. Is the smoke just the gas on the lines mixing with heat? And by replacing the injector lines will the smoke stop? Or is it a bigger problem?

// Also, the engine oil and transmission oil have not been replaced would that have any impact on the situation?

Any input is greatly appreciated Thanks in advanse

Why not replace the injector lines first and see if it stops the problem (before you set the whole thing on fire!)

And definitely replace the engine oil before running it again, I would imagine it is contaminated and won't be lubricating very well.

Edited by morbias

I had bad injector lines once. One ruptured. My entire car went up in flames. Luckily I got it out and it didn't burn my house down. (was in garage) Don't play with fuel lines, just replace them right away. Also, that oil is sludgged up and nasty. Replace it asap.