HybridZ

Thanks for all the help. Here is a video of the Z.

Here is what I have now. I also realized I suck at making videos so sorry for being a little lame :)

Here is a photo album of the exhaust install also.

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/9976705/1/datsun%20exhaust?h=44457b

Good, clean looking conversion. I like the sound from the Greedy muffler--at least on my computer I do. It almost sounds like a foreign V8 or something...not American anyway. I am shocked that it isn't louder, but maybe that's due to the 2.5" single pipe to the rear? Your car is driveable, unlike mine!

Did you fabricate those brackets for the pins? They look very sturdy and functional. I like the fact they bring the pin further into the hood rather than near the edges. I was going to go with some SPARCO latches I bought from way back, but now that the prices for these Aerolatches have come down to a reasonable level, I may just go with those. I eliminated the stock hood latch in my 240 already during this conversion and don't want to go back to a modified JTR-type stock latch.

Davy

Thanks guys. Yeah they are Aerocatch. I didn't want to go back to the standard stock mount yet I didn't want the traditional hood pin either since they don't lock. After some research and 85 bucks later on Amazon I had these. I like them so far.

http://www.amazon.com/AeroCatch-Plus-Flush-Locking-Latch/dp/B006F441SW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1338497169&sr=8-3

About the exhaust. I didn't want the car loud. I called and talked to Borla and they recommended just 2.5 back into a single 2.5. I was first going to come back into a 3" but it would have been louder. The car is still plenty fast for a daily driver. I'm really liking the sound too. I already had that muffler from a friend sitting in the garage for 3 years so I decided to give it a go. Worse thing that could happen was I'd have to cut it off and weld on a new one like I would have done. I bought the piping all off Jeg's for $220.00 or something like that.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+Products/555/30671/10002/-1

Now I'm looking for a simple wideband O2 and guage for some carb tuning. I'm still running a little rich I think. Any suggestions?

Did you fabricate those brackets for the pins? They look very sturdy and functional.

Davy

Yeah I made them. I used a 90 degree angle piece of aluminum and with a few cuts and bends designed them. I want to remake them once I get something to weld the aluminum.

A project car will never be done. There is always something to change :) I think that's half the fun ... well sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...