HybridZ

speedo pumped full of oil

82 turbo, was a 3 speed auto when problem was created. whether the vent was plugged or something doesnt matter its in the garbage in lou of my 5 speed but anyhow my speedo is full of atf, and reads way off.

if i clean it out is my oily speedo cable going to oil it up again? has this happened to anyone else. i have another cable in another car but thats a pain in the ass

post-13108-037789300 1338610344_thumb.jpg

All funds at this point will be going to tires for my rbrs and an airdam so I can finally drive the damn thing! Have been using my tomtom as a speedo all along. Went to all the work to correct the milage of my spare speedo and it's not even broken!

It's happened to me before, and I think it dripped on my ecu, causing it freak out above ~4500 rpm. [edit: had to clean the connector block terminals really good, that's when I discovered the oil]

I replaced the speedo cog and the problem went away. Maybe you just need to make sure the o-ring seal is good.

Hope this helps...

Edited by hughdogz