HybridZ

Top chop update

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic chop!

Im still waiting for someone to pull this off with a more modern window seal. Im not talking about just the windshield. It would be nice to see the side windows and front window flush the body line, rather than stay recessed. The drip rail to be also deleted. Not saying you should, Id say you are trying to be quite modest and its working very well for you, and by far better than all the others Ive seen so far. I understand the feat of doing what Im asking as well. Ive attempted it once and seen it done with some success once as well.

Over-all you've got an awesome piece of work there!

Fantastic chop!

Im still waiting for someone to pull this off with a more modern window seal. Im not talking about just the windshield. It would be nice to see the side windows and front window flush the body line, rather than stay recessed. The drip rail to be also deleted. Not saying you should, Id say you are trying to be quite modest and its working very well for you, and by far better than all the others Ive seen so far. I understand the feat of doing what Im asking as well. Ive attempted it once and seen it done with some success once as well.

Over-all you've got an awesome piece of work there!

Blacking out the chrome helps a lot, it brings the windows into the body visually and creates less of an outline around them. Especially if the car is a dark color.

When you modernize the front windscreen seal, you also have to do the other window seals. My opinion is that when you are modifying something, that mod has to fit in the whole design, removing driprails for example is used for a design from the nineteens. The s30 is still an old design, when you want it to look good, than you need a very good plan before you start the mod.

Greetz Jack.

• 3 weeks later...

Hoi Jack,

Ik zie dat je uit veghel komt.

Ik zelf kom uit rosmalen en ben bezig met een Datsun 260z 2+2

Ik heb hem ook maximaal verlaagd en verbreed etc.

Mijn auto staat momenteel bij de spuiter.

Ik ben erg benieuwd naar jouw project en zou graag een keer willen komen kijken.

Groeten Robin

• 1 month later...

This chop looks insanely good; most others I've seen looked like trash.

It gives it a much smoother curve, instead of jumping up so much at the windshield. I wish I was competent enough for this sort of thing (though the Z looks good by default anyway!).

That said... how did you perform this chop? Did you cut a cross-section of the roof out somewhere above the quarter window, and slide the entire roof back? Also, you are using the stock windshield and a custom quarter window... how about the door windows?

• 2 months later...

Jack love your car and are on the same page with your color choices of silver or grey, as I am currently pondering which of the two. I have become very fond of the 12' BMW space grey, and also the 07' Subaru urban grey. Really can't go wrong with the curves and lines of the s30. Check them out if you are not familiar with them.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, progres is slowly at this time. I was searching for parts to complete the project and fabricating the frame for the quarter glass.

Has anybody some pics or links from other top chop s30 projects.

Thanks

None that look good.

Unlike yours, which looks like absolute sex. Phenominal work, Mate!