HybridZ

Varrstoen ES220 "te37 reps"

Say no to fake knock off wheels.

Yeah, because the real ones are always worth the cost ... :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, if it looks good, fits good, performs well and suits your needs, do it!

No need to spend thousands on wheels when there's a cheaper alternative. Especially if it's a street driven only car and you're not going to be pushing them to the limits of their capabilities.

Yeah, because the real ones are always worth the cost ... :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, if it looks good, fits good, performs well and suits your needs, do it!

No need to spend thousands on wheels when there's a cheaper alternative. Especially if it's a street driven only car and you're not going to be pushing them to the limits of their capabilities.

Buying a wheel that is not a blatant copy of an original product is the point. And yes, a real forged TE37 is worth the money. Potholes and daily driven cars often see much more abuse than those which run on smooth race tracks and berms instead of curbs.

Copy - Schmopy

I'm sure the orignals are good sheet, but the chances of you damaging most wheels ("real" or not) are slim regardless. And if you DO happen to damage one, you have the money to replace it because you saved on the inital cost. Don't buy them just because you want to tell somebody you have the "real" wheels for the "wow" factor; makes us look like teenagers flaunting our latest Jordans.

Buy your cheapies if that's what you want and spend what you saved on other mods.

But to each their own. If you've got the extra desire and cash to dump the extra money .. by all means do it! :2thumbs:

Most of the time when you buy a cheap knock off there are issues. Balance, finish are two that come to mind right off. Weight, hubcentric Fitment issues, metal quality.....

I have split a nice set of enkei wheels back in the day driving down the freeway.

I have spent money on a set of Ray's Engineering Lexion 203 for my Lexus and was never happier.

Making statement that a wheel is a wheel is a wheel could be nothing further from the truth.

Don't get me wrong I have thought about rotas time and time again. I just can't bring myself to have to spend money twice due to issues........

To each his own, I chose to get a nice set of wheels and call it a day.

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to order a set "114.3 17x9.5 +0" and I'm pretty sure I will be the only person with these on an s30. What do you guys think? I'm not using flares, just pulled fenders, and I have ground controls.

Sorry, not liking these wheels.