HybridZ

Rear mount radiator

ckrell

Seal the front end save for a 2X4 bottom breather opening above the front splitter, below the bumper line.

Seal the bottom of the engine bay similar to the Z432 FRP Undertray, and at the rear near the differential duct all that air up through the floor over your radiator, and out your back window area.

In land speed racing this would be what EVERYBODY would do if it wasn't specifically forbidden!

There is nothing wrong with letting air into the engine bay, as long as you can vent it to an area of low pressure. That back hatch area is one big super sucker...

Insulate your tunnel VERY well.

Run synthetic oil, and a tranny/differential oil pump and cooler setup.

That should do it!cool.gif

Second alternative: Radical slant-nose treatment on the front end, and a pair of Small Car Radiators under the master vac and battery venting to the front fenderwells. Same sealing treatment under the engine, and at the firewall to force all air through the pair of radiators.

Edited by Tony D

post-463-083323900 1339472450_thumb.jpg

post-463-057911300 1339472434_thumb.jpg

post-463-004112400 1339472361_thumb.jpg

post-463-020412400 1339472230_thumb.jpg

post-463-048314100 1339472307_thumb.jpg

post-463-032790400 1339472223_thumb.jpg

post-463-064674700 1339472523_thumb.jpg

post-463-088052600 1339472638_thumb.jpg

Here are some pics I have collected over the years. Clearly.. I've been planning this out lol. Hope it helps.

Yes they do help, Great pics thanks, looks like a pair of 6" to 8" flex tubing might be all you need for inlet if it was in a good air stream and you had some neg. air on the outlet. Do you think the fans would be able to work good in stop and go traffic with 2 8" hoses? My core size will be apx. 450 sq. inch one 16" fan for sure 2 if needed. I do like the NACA ducts maybe a one behind each seat in the lexan hatch Hmmmm

Edited by ckrell

Seal the front end save for a 2X4 bottom breather opening above the front splitter, below the bumper line.

Seal the bottom of the engine bay similar to the Z432 FRP Undertray, and at the rear near the differential duct all that air up through the floor over your radiator, and out your back window area.

In land speed racing this would be what EVERYBODY would do if it wasn't specifically forbidden!

There is nothing wrong with letting air into the engine bay, as long as you can vent it to an area of low pressure. That back hatch area is one big super sucker...

Insulate your tunnel VERY well.

Run synthetic oil, and a tranny/differential oil pump and cooler setup.

That should do it!cool.gif

Second alternative: Radical slant-nose treatment on the front end, and a pair of Small Car Radiators under the master vac and battery venting to the front fenderwells. Same sealing treatment under the engine, and at the firewall to force all air through the pair of radiators.

Yea I thought about taking air from the bottom but was worried about road debri and grime. Agreed A very well insulated tunnel is A must.

I was hopeing to steel the air that causes lift from the lamminate airflow down the hatch lid and put it to better use

The air that's causing lift is actually the air under the car pushing up on the lower pressure air on top of the car. Air flows from high to low pressure. You will need to do something to make sure the hatch area (a traditionally low pressure point) has a higher pressure then you air exit behind the car. Also, the "Egg" has its radiators in the side of the car and pulls air from the traditionally high pressure car sides.

Agree with JC---you duct TO wheel wells, not FROM!

For all this effort, why don't you externally mount it, and take slipstream off the roof like a Supermarine Spitfire?

d025_095.jpg

detail_spitfire_ix_04.jpg

detail_spitfire_ix_27.jpg

5497161637_7d1dbcb49b_n.jpg

Then you can move your differential, transmission, and Water-Air Intercooler water-side cooler into that area occupied by the rear window, ducted from the quarter windows like JC Suggests...

But I warn you, you're starting to make a car that might look a lot like one of mine!wink.gif

The car will be bellypanned nose to tail. Besides the nose and windshield base there may not be any other really good high pressure zones?? Scoop or scoops would make it easy and more choices. I need to make cardboard fuel tank, radiator and ducting, to see were things will really fit the best.

• 1 month later...

Ever heard of a Magnehelic gauge? Id strongly suggest one for what you intent to do, unless im crazy I reckon a 0-1" gauge would be sufficient for what you wanted. Would remove 100% of the "guess" work from the concept of "well i think this is a high pressure area.."