HybridZ

L28et swap dies less than a minute.

Your exhaust sounds very loud considering it's going through a turbine. Is there any exhaust pipe at all after the turbo? The backfiring reminds me of what a couple of V8s I've had in the past sounded like when they had a flattened cam lobe.

You said that it ran for a month. Did it run well? And is the problem exactly the same as before? Has it always backfired like that? You should summarize the last month or two to give a better picture. It doesn't sound good right now, seems like bigger problems than just won't stay running.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a 2.5 in. Down pipe from msa. It ran really well a month ago, and that was with a weak fuel pump pushing 25 psi. I got it to run after doing a chevy hei module swap since my ignition module was bad. This was about 1-2 months ago. It just started backfiring 2-3 weeks ago after running fine for a month. I now have a walbro on it but I have yet to check the actual pressure. It definitely sounds bad.

• 2 weeks later...

That actually sounds like when I first got my car running with just headers on. Turned out I had routed the fuel lines wrong and was starving the engine of gas (I think).

I had it run from the pump, to the FPR then to the fuel rail with a dead end. Not sure if that's flooding or starving the engine of gas

Sure sounds like you burned an exhaust valve from running a too lean mixture caused by low fuel pressure. Stupid question but did you ever change the fuel filter? You have to address the fuel pressure problem before going anywhere else.

Joe

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...