HybridZ

SBC Engine Bay Pics

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

here is a few pics of my roller Chevy 350/700r4 TCI trans .. around 500 hp ... i just completed the car this year in June ...of course it is a work in progress like many are .. i have had the car for 20 years and finally pulled the trigger on the drive train conversion

100_0396.jpg

100_1011-1.jpg

100_0394.jpg

Edited by Dan H

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the side pipes although I'm a little partial to them LOL Whose pipes are those? the trouble I had was finding any that had an I.D. that was at least 2.5", most were less than 2" so I made my own.

here is a few pics of my roller Chevy 350/700r4 TCI trans .. around 500 hp ... i just completed the car this year in June ...of course it is a work in progress like many are .. i have had the car for 20 years and finally pulled the trigger on the drive train conversion

100_0396.jpg

100_1011-1.jpg

100_0394.jpg

post-1241-098829900 1352149720_thumb.jpg

I like the side pipes although I'm a little partial to them LOL Whose pipes are those? the trouble I had was finding any that had an I.D. that was at least 2.5", most were less than 2" so I made my own.

Patriot pipes moded .. had to gut the glass pack muffler's ...and make my own tube ..2.5 inches then wrap the glass back on it ... it was a real pain to drill all the holes in the tubes .. i have a liquid feed drill press with a machinest vice on it .... a lot of work drilling ! .... the rest is mandrel bent tubes connecting to stainless headers ... 8 inch stainless flex resonators connected the side pipes to the mandrel pent tubing

it is a bit loud ... but i like it that way ... with the huge roller cam it sounds really mean ! the car get's a lot of attention at the cruise events we go to ...and it turns heads where ever i go

100_1217.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, getting ready to commit to a an SBC swap. Which is the best sbc for the swap? I've had a few people tell me which ones they prefer but no solid answers.

Honestly it all depends on what you can find and how much money you want to spend. I honestly built mine from parts out of the floor of my shop. helps when your dad has been workin on SBC from 50 years. I would recommend and older block with vortec head it will be a pretty nice street setup

• 4 weeks later...

Here is one of mine when I first got it installed. I have since repainted the headers black and changed out the green alt for a stock metal one. I have also changed the head gaskets due to a radiator hose blowing a hole in it at night when my dash gauge lights were not working...

DSC06542.jpg

DSC06538.jpg

with it on the stand

frontengine.jpg

and with the tranny attached

DSC05643.jpg

Travis! Hey I came and looked at your car a while back when you had it on CL. I'm that guy from Oregon. Crazy seeing your car on here. I finally found a stock '77 in Washington in really good condition and bought it. Rebuilding the L83 from my vette right now so I can put it in the z.

Patriot pipes moded .. had to gut the glass pack muffler's ...and make my own tube ..2.5 inches then wrap the glass back on it ... it was a real pain to drill all the holes in the tubes .. i have a liquid feed drill press with a machinest vice on it .... a lot of work drilling ! .... the rest is mandrel bent tubes connecting to stainless headers ... 8 inch stainless flex resonators connected the side pipes to the mandrel pent tubing

it is a bit loud ... but i like it that way ... with the huge roller cam it sounds really mean ! the car get's a lot of attention at the cruise events we go to ...and it turns heads where ever i go

100_1217.jpg

Wow that was a lot of work..I love the sound too and it does get a lot of attention while driving at the cruise events, I still may order the chrome grille from Summit but it only comes in a 36" length and I have 40" 4 inch glass packs.

I'm running the glass packs direct to the headers, I can keep it quiet when I have to, but put my foot into it and all bets are off

• 4 weeks later...