HybridZ

My RB26 260z

fritt

Got this 260z from my dads friend on march 3rd 2012. Came with a L28 in it.

The day I got it

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

Then got a 280z rear diff with 3.5 rear gears. Cleaned it up and painted it then put it in at the end of march

IMG_0474.jpg

Previous owner dropped off a spolier he had laying around. Had to do alot of work to get it to look good enough to put on my Z. and 240zdan hooked me up with a 240z steering wheel, clean 240z seats and a front air dam.

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

Okay now on to the good stuff. rb26 arrived at my house may 8 2012. And I picked up a 89 z31 turbo trans the same day from a wreaking yard.

IMG_0546.jpg

Bellhouse swap

IMG_0550.jpg

Oil pan I made

IMG_0548.jpg

And now recent pics I took today June 27 2012

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg?

IMG_0665.jpg

Still got a few little things to take care of but I should be driving it by the end of this coming weekend. I made my own motor mounts but didnt take any pictues. Huge thanks to 240zdan I would have been screwed if he didnt help me out with the wiring

You got that thing together about as fast as I got my rb25 together.

Thats looking pretty good!

I about to change my intercooler. Would you be willing to post your dimensions? I have one sitting here and Im looking at purchasing another.

Those ends look like vibrant 3" 90*. Welding those ends on simplifies the whole piping situation through the rad support. Thats my goal, but I wont be satisfied unless I can keep my 10* F drop in temp across the intercooler at least.

What is the width, height, and length of that core?

You got that thing together about as fast as I got my rb25 together.

Thats looking pretty good!

I about to change my intercooler. Would you be willing to post your dimensions? I have one sitting here and Im looking at purchasing another.

Those ends look like vibrant 3" 90*. Welding those ends on simplifies the whole piping situation through the rad support. Thats my goal, but I wont be satisfied unless I can keep my 10* F drop in temp across the intercooler at least.

What is the width, height, and length of that core?

The intercooler is 31 x 12 x 3 if I remember correctly. I'll double check when I get home. I did have to cut some of my rad support to get it to clear.

Mine was the same but was the 4 inch core.

I used the vibrate 3 inch 90s and had to enlarge the holes going thru the core support actually fits pretty good.

intercooler4.jpg

intercooler3.jpg

intercooler2.jpg

intercooler1.jpg

Yes its a ebay inter cooler. have made 612 officially but estimate it to be near 700 now at the wheels. May make more with a hi end inter cooler but cant afford it at the moment.

Pics of the inter cooler installed on this page.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/93617-post-your-intercooler-setup/