HybridZ

PNW Chat thread

OmakZ

Hey all,

TL;DR: This is the PNW Z community thread.

I'm starting this thread because I believe in a large forum setting like this it's nice to have a thread specifically for local enthusiasts to get to know each other: a community building thread. This is a place to chat about life, technical frustrations, garage and junk yard days, mini-meets, quick tech questions and emergency/loaner part requests. If it doesn't warrant it's own thread, it can go here.

Mods, if this is the wrong place for this or it's out of line, do what you must. In my experience, these threads are great ways to strengthen local clubs and community. :)

-OmakZ

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, cross posting from another thread, I'm starting a contact list of the local Z people. If you want the list shoot me a PM with your name, the year of your Z(s), email, and a phone number you can be reached at (specify talk/text). You don't get a copy unless you're on the list.

Yeah, I've got your number.

I have no idea why the coils are so cheap. A similar kit from GC would cost $300.

Maybe they're just a knock-off of the GC kit. :huh: I could understand the price then.

For why? I'm not sure I understand what you're asking...

If you mean to lock the collar in place, yes. My guess is that the collar is split and that there is a screw that tightens it on the sleeve though (like my GCs). If that's the case, you wouldn't need to run double collars.

I'm getting RCAs on Sunday! :D

By the way I'm crashing this thread! Southern Oregon, lol

The more the merrier.

Yeah, the most expensive part of the GCs winds up being the dampers. I Have a pair of BZ3099s NIB for sale if anyone is interested.

Pm'ed: Joel from Everett, 72 240z with Jtr swap being finished up.

Cool, I'll go ahead and add you but I probably won't resend the list until next weekend. :)

Wow, RCAs were the best $70 upgrade I've thrown at this car. They were light enough that I could lift them but had enough mass that I could throw them pretty hard.

But really... now my car doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart every time I hit a bump.