PNW Chat thread

OmakZ

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay a PNW thread :). Let me know what you end up tapping for the fans. I'm thinking I'll just be running a stand alone on mine.

I'm sure I sound like a broken record but I really like the Hayden fan controllers. I've used them on both of my Z's and on several other builds I've worked on.

They come with all the required wiring and connectors. You can pick up a Hayden 3647 at Orielle's for $36. They have them behind the counter so you'll have to ask. That's the dry sensor model so the probe just goes in your radiator fins.

/shameless plug for a company that isn't paying me

You can tap the engine power circuit as it comes off the relay on the firewall for the switched power. I had mine wired differently the first time and it cooked the controller (I'm guessing it had to do with unstable voltages). Switched it to that point and haven't had any problems since. Tapping my power off the starter and grounding it all up front somewhere.

I'll have to bug you when I get to the wiring point for that. Always good to have an experienced eye. Is your 240 in seattle now? Or is it still back home?

Please do, I'm always down to help. My Z is out here now. I had it at Nissan Fest and a few other things. You'll see it around sometime, I'm sure.

Austin's Z runs now, BTW.

My valve seats are original and I don't run treatment. I'll replace them if they wear out (though from what I've heard, many people don't run lead or treatment and don't have noticable issues). Probably I'll destroy some other part of the engine first (or just replace the whole thing).

After 73 you're supposedly running hardened ones anyway.

Well, my car got hit on Friday night by someone backing out of a driveway. Now I need a new DS door. And since having an old car with one color of crappy paint is okay but having an old car with multiple colors of paint is trashy, I will be finishing the body work on my z and repainting her sometime this fall.

On the bright side, my bagged Volvo is moslty done and driveable now. What a weekend. :rolleyes:

Edited by OmakZ

I will 2nd the Hayden fans and controllers. I currently am using 2 different adjustable fan controllers in my z. 1 for the main rad fan and 1 for the fuel line/carb cooling fan. Easy install, set the adjustment and no worries!!

Yea, I'm about giving up with lining up the body panels. Maybe once the car runs, I'll take it up to the Z shop for them to sort. For now the driver side closes pretty well, the passenger side is fairly hopeless. It latches with a one inch gap and both the window frames are a good half inch from the weather strip on both sides.