HybridZ

carbed 2jz?

Hello hybridz folks i was wondering if anyone has triple carbed a 2j before. Im planning on picking one up this coming winter/spring and maybe trading my mikunis 40's for larger 45-50's also would run a better ignition system for the 2j.I would only run it with carbs until i gain the funds to go turbo/efi in future. I would assume i would be able to use the stock z harness with according mounting hardware.

Any input appreciated

I would more than likely try to run mikuni 40-50's with a megajolt or msd ignition of some sort

Factory fuel injection and computer on a n/a 2jz would easier and cheaper. You could use the stock 2jz harness for the motor. I think there was less than 10 wires to hook up when I started my 2jzgte on a stand.That included the fuel pump. Memory is fading tho :)

• 7 years later...

Carbs hold a bit of fuel in them, but as long as you don't get a front fire or something it shouldn't be a factor.

That is going to be quite the project to adapt a carb set, fit a pressure box over the whole thing, then mechanically tune for it. There is some simplicity in mechanical tuning, but without going real deep into the nitty gritty of carb tuning you won't get some of the niceties of fuel injection. @280zex did a turbo carb setup with a 4 barrel and a conversion manifold on an L28ET maybe he can chime in.