HybridZ

1978 280Z Door Panel Clips

alainburon

I have been looking around and I find 2 types of clips for S30's one is a metal clip which goes into a rubber cup on the door. The other is just a plastic clip that goes on the door panel.

Does anyone know if the metal clip with the rubber cup can be used on a 1978 280Z? I think those clips are for a 240Z but I wanted to make sure they were interchageable with the 280Z clips.

The 280 door cards have a different shape of hole that accept only the plastic clip style. The cutouts look like dumb bells with different size round bells, where the larger round hole is where you insert the base of the plastic clip, then you push it into the other smaller hole to lock and locate it. The 240 door cards have a simple round hole with a tiny rectangle cutout on one side, which marks the side OPPOSITE of the orientation of the metal clip.

You can put the 240z metal clips on the 280 cards, but they are difficult to get sitting in the right position to line up with the holes in the doors, which I believe are the same ID and will accept the tang of the metal clip.

You might be able to find those plastic clips generically at the car parts store, but you won't find the exactly correct metal ones... MSA has the plastic ones if you get stuck.

Edited by z240