HybridZ

SR20 sourcing?

tervanun

Howdy everyone,

So Im new to the whole Z community but I recently acquired a 240 restoration project

and Im looking into doing an SR20DET swap for more power...

I have heard of a couple places for rb's but is there any favored or go-to places to source these engines or not really?

Thanks!

Edited by tervanun

• 2 weeks later...

They are all over but don't count on not doing anything to it. Pretty much every one needs a valve job at the least but thats just an excuse to put in a steel headgasket.

That's too much and not necessarily accurate.. The S13 community does these swaps left and right. Most of which are straight up drop-in and go. Aside from your typical fluids, belts, filters and spark plugs I would change the water pump and do a clutch job while the eng/trans is out and drop it in. The key is to find a low mileage engine being sold from a reputable shop.

In the case of the OP being that he's in San Diego.... Try:

http://www.pandagarage.com/products/engines.html

Reputable shops will sell engine sets or clips ranging from ~$2000-$3000. You can find cheaper alternatives all day but then you'll be dealing with issues that logr speaks of.

Good luck,

Jose

• 1 month later...

Wow that was a nice vid

I've been considering a 13b swap into my 240 as I already have a built NA sourced, but I'm still leaning towards the sr20

for the availability of parts, knowledge on the swap, turbo (I have a thing for turbos), and it being injected...

Any thoughts?