HybridZ

thinking about megasquirt

taylor76zharris

I think the calibration data numbers to use the cylinder head temp sensor, as the coolant temp is in the Megasquirt forum also. Might be the same cal data as the coolant temp sensor.

Im gonna double check that sometime. I didnt know that but I have one of each on hand.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a certain GM coolant sensor i should get, like one that will thread into the stock spot? Or will i have to tap my own?

The GM sensor part number is well documented on the Megasquirt site.

Depending on which thermostat housing you are using, you may be able to use a bushing to adapt it to fit, or otherwise you will have to tap your own.

I have the housing with like 4 sensors in it, so i should be able to make anything work.

Another thing, in the DIY harness there are two green wires (bank 2) and two blue wire (bank one). Do the blue wires go to one, three, and six? Or is it the green wires that go to one, three, and six?

Okay so, how do i connect four wires to the six injectors? I know its a bank injection system but how exactly do i get power or a signal to each injector? Im just really confused, ive seen one to many diagrams...

Youve all been a great help btw. I wouldnt have gotten this far without hybridz.

Okay so, how do i connect four wires to the six injectors? I know its a bank injection system but how exactly do i get power or a signal to each injector? Im just really confused, ive seen one to many diagrams...

Youve all been a great help btw. I wouldnt have gotten this far without hybridz.

Its really confusing at first but the more you read and the more you think about it at night the easier it becomes to understand. OK, so heres how you connect 4 wires to 6 injectors, pins 32 and 33 are to injector bank #1 and 34 and 35 are for bank 2. On the diy harness (and in the megamanual wiring scematic) pins 32 and 33 are tied together which becomes one wire. this one wire that is actually 32/33 together gets wired to 3 injectors. the same goes for 34/35 and the other three injectors. You have now connected the ground wires to the injectors. The other wires on your injectors get wired to a 12v source via the main relay. It doesnt matter which wire you hook up to pins 32/33 and 34/35 and power as injectors are not polarized. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. The wiring scematic is your best friend in this.

post-26371-067392400 1342660039_thumb.gif

Geezz! After reading that i feel dumb for asking, it makes complete sense!

The only other thing is the CAS. Has anyone used the DIY trigger wheel and sensor? I have an 83 distributor but Its a spline connection and the shaft i have wont accept it because it has a slot to accept the 81 distributor.

I bought my dizzy shaft from a member here. I have had nothing but good dealings with the people here regarding purchased items. I use the DIY wheel and it works great and I'm not even using it for sequential yet.

Well dang. ive got a really good local junk yard here with tuns of Z's and you pull the parts yourself. guess im going back tomorrow. Does the shaft just pull out or do i have to get the entire oil pump?

Ive got the injectors connected and would have more done it it wasnt 926732465 degreese outside.

Pin 36, the ignition outpun. Does that go the the positive on the coil?

Pin thirty six would go to the coil negative if using direct coil control. The positive of the coil would get wired up to the fuel pump relay.

• 2 weeks later...

Luckly i found a 280zxt at pull a part of all places that was basicly untouched, Got the dizzy shaft and a few other little things. The whole car is wired up now so all i need to do is set up a few things on megatune and then finaly try to start it. Are the stock injectors high impedance or low impedance?

If you use the stock coolant sensor, you can't use it for the dashboard gauge.

You're not using the temp sensor for the gauge - it's not very accurate. Use the CHTS on the side of the head. It uses an EV1 style connector like the injectors.

MS is more flexible than NISTUNE. I'd go MS any day on anything older than a Z32... for the Z32 and up NISTUNE is a good option since the ECU's have some brains to them.

The DIY optical wheel is only needed if you are going sequential or distributorless ignition.

Stock injectors are low impedance.