HybridZ

Is this a true 260z "C" cam?

Hey guys, I have a really stupid newbie question for y'all. I've been doing some research on different L26/E88 part combos and am kinda stumped on something. the cam that came in my '74 260Z is stock and original as far as I know. I checked the end of the cam and yes it does have the C mark on it, but there's also a 2 next to it..... This has me sorta scratching my head as I've seen all sorta of references to the C marking but can't seem to find anything that talks about a C2 cam.. I've attached a pic, if anybody could shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it, hopefully this IS a C cam as I was kinda hoping to build a slightly above stock motor. thanks guys. post-20648-036541100 1342540450_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeri_74_260Z

I don't understand the infatuation with the "C" cam. If you are not building an engine to a set of rules, pretty much any aftermarket cam is a lot better then the "C" cam. Back in the day SCCA ITS racers would cheat a bit and install the "C" cam to try and eek out another couple horsepower. But everyone caught on to that very quickly and it became protest bait in a 240Z engine. Even the basic Schneider 260 grind is better then the "C" cam.

My 'C' cam does not have the 2 stamped into it either. Never saw one like that.

I pulled the front of my N42 L28 apart because I had bad chain slap from very worn chain and gears.

I replace all with new. While I was at it I had this 'C' cam with matching rockers and decided

to install those as well. Not all together yet. Should run much better but I will not know which

improvement had the most effect.