HybridZ

Fiberglass Hood

Does anybody make a fiberglass (not carbon fiber) hood for an S30 that has all of the mounting points for the stock hinges and latch? I'd like to have the lightness of fiberglass but absolutely want to keep the stock hinges and latch. Hood pins are NOT an option.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

Whats the real-world weight savings vs a stock hood?

I can't say on an S30 hood, but I did make a custom hood for my 1985 Skyhawk, and the weight of the stock hood was 34 lbs IIRC, and the fibreglass one was 17 or 19 lbs. Done right a fibreglass hood can be very stiff, and light.

Thanks for all the good info. It turns out that the fiberglass ones aren't that significantly cheaper than the carbon fiber ones. It looks like either a fiberglass or carbon fiber hood weighs approximately 40 lbs. less than a stock steel hood.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

Check out betamotorsports.com He makes really nice parts. S30 hood can be had in any iteration; glass pin on, cf pin on, glass w/ partial frame, cf partial frame, and full frame either glass or fiber. Depending on your budget of course. Oh, and he just lowered prices!