HybridZ

Stage I II III cam and rockers L series

73s30t

That is what I would consider a Stage III cam per the moderately high lift with long duration, although there's not much else on the specs. I'd guess at it being reground on a Nissan "A" core [symmetric lobe], so that's probably where the centerline lies (at 110 degrees). (I'm guessing at the first "A" there being the "A" of the core, just a guess). I wonder what the lash pad thickness is that was fitted for the cam (based on the lift it has)?

Anyway, that is a great link because of the background history/info on hardware/BRE cam packages that were offered.

That is what I would consider a Stage III cam per the moderately high lift with long duration, although there's not much else on the specs. I'd guess at it being reground on a Nissan "A" core [symmetric lobe], so that's probably where the centerline lies (at 110 degrees). (I'm guessing at the first "A" there being the "A" of the core, just a guess). I wonder what the lash pad thickness is that was fitted for the cam (based on the lift it has)?

Anyway, that is a great link because of the background history/info on hardware/BRE cam packages that were offered.

I'm pretty sure the Nissan A cam is assymmetric, just from looking at it. I haven't directly measured though...

Thanks for the heads up I sent him a message about the bre cam, think its just what I have been looking for. I just built a 11:1 L28 with triple webers on a mikuni manifold. Think this cam would be perfect.

Would say it's at the end of stage II or beginning of stage III. The lift is just about or at max for stock springs but I see some stage III's actually go over and require springs. The duration cant be all effective though it seems way to much to be "the best all round camshaft" and certainly wouldnt put the peak power at 6k. Thats my opinion anyway. 6k peak power puts it at msa stage II if I'm not mistaken. Which is .48 lift and 274 duration.

I trust BRE and its a decent deal so I hope I snag it. Seller hasn't responded as of yet.

Oops, sorry, I didn't realize any of the factory Nissan cams for the L6 were asymmetric; I thought it was just the Nissan racing cams that were asymmetric.

But, re maybe needing springs at .463"? That ship sailed at .450".

Edited by DAW

• 2 weeks later...