HybridZ

My 73 240 l28et build

Here's my new project a 73 240 with alot of goodies. The story of this Z is a pretty cool one.

I had a chance to buy this car from my uncle who is a low volume dealer and Z fan but he wouldn't sell it to me saying that there was to much work in it for me, I was pissed lol! So I turned my friend on to it and he bought it, I thought well at least I'll get to drive it! Anyway he did alot of work to it but never got a chance to finish. Fast forward 6 years and he had to move from the house he lived in and couldn't take the Z sooo he GAVE it to me! I couldn't be happier! It is my dream car and I have lots of work to do but it comes with some awesome gear and I can't wait to get it running!

So here's some pics. I have alot of questions about the fuel system and the L28ET but this isn't my first Z I had a 76 that I daily drove for 10 years and took to some track events.

Well take a look and see what you think.

212x07r.jpg

73cnbo.jpg

2zia8wk.jpg

Here's the scoop-

83 L28ET-completely rebuilt never ran on gas but did run on starting fluid

83 harness

83 ecu

coilovers and 5 way shocks

18" wheels with adapters

Toyota front brakes 240sx rear discs

t5 tranny

plastic fuel cell for now I'll get something else after I get it running

aeromotive fuel pump

and a few other things

I didn't take any pics of the interior but I wanted to ask about these seats. My friend said they are from the schiro(probably not written right lol) edition 300Z but the driver side center of the seat is ripped and I want to just replace the torn parts.

a2c9ro.jpg

and here are all the fuel system parts that came with it. I've been researching how to install this stuff but I still have questions and I'll post them in the fuel delivery section.

1zyj6ki.jpg

Well I hope you all will see it hauling butt around sandiego very soon.

Edited by Silverone858

well ive started working on the l28et wiring harness. the guy that owned it before my buddy hacked it pretty good and my friend got another 83 harness from the junkyard so with the help of the write up here on hybridz i am working on it. i still have plenty of other stuff to do like getting the fuel system installed before i can try to run it but since i have all the parts i figured i would start with the engine harness.

Lucky Ducky... GAVE it to you! that's pretty awesome. Free cars are always nice. He's probably going to regret it and miss it. so be sure you get the title transferred. Sounds like you're on the right track with the harness. Keep it up and let us know if you get stuck. More pictures please!

Already been to the DMV lol. He was gonna craigslist it but he knew I would finish it and he could drive it if he gave it to me hahaha. Progress is gonna be slow going for a few weeks till I make some orders and stuff starts rolling in, and I have a break from school in mid August. I'll be sure to post pics as I go.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress is pretty slow at this point. All I have been able to do is clean all the engine connectors and install the L28ET harness. And clean out the small dog sized crap that was all inside the car, I'm guessing Opossum or a cat and it's most likely how the driver seat got tore up! Anyway I have some steel 3/8 fuel line in the mail and an aeromotive FPR so when that gets here I can actually do something to get it running!

One thing I love about old cars is the story's that come with them. I decided to ditch the fuel cell idea and get a 76 tank and put a sump on it, I found one on craigslist and when I went to look at it I found out that it was one out of my 76 280z that I just sold! How funny!

• 2 years later...