HybridZ

R200 Vibration Issues

duragg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should probably fix this the right way by adjusting the nose back up instead of dropping the back artificially. But at least now I know.

What I like about the aftermarket diffy mounts is they make it easier to remove the driveshaft. Not sure why that matters. How often do we remove it anyway. I just couldn't stand that leather-daddy strapon arrangement.

Start swapping diffs and burning up clutches and you'll be dropping that driveshaft several times a year. Plus, I make a habit of re-tightening my driveshaft and axle bolts after every trip to the track. Anything that makes removing it easier is well worth the initial trouble. I just wish there was a good way to get a torque wrench on the bolts. I LOVE my RT mount. I think the way you lowered the rear of the diff was genius: the easy solution is usually the best! Congrats. I wonder what grunts and grumbles will be uncovered when I finally put a muffler on my beast-I may be copying your fix.

• 6 years later...

First post here all.  I joined at around 3am the other night when duragg's original beginning of this thread was *exactly* what I am suffering from.  I read every post with anticipation (like a mystery novel) and was very happy to see the issue was resolved.  I've ordered a digital angle finder and am going to measure my u-joint angles ASAP. 

Would proper forum etiquette support me posting any further questions I might have and/or my results here (for future vibe sufferers)?  

On 7/24/2019 at 7:26 PM, jmendez72 said:

I've ordered a digital angle finder and am going to measure my u-joint angles ASAP. 

Would proper forum etiquette support me posting any further questions I might have and/or my results here (for future vibe sufferers)?  

You'll love the new digital angle finders, so much easier to use than the old swinging pointer dials.

You brought the thread back from the grave so it's all yours now and as you have found it is so nice to find a thread that answers questions and the results have been confirmed by more than person. The archives of Hybridz are priceless.

Welcome to the forum.