HybridZ

~73 Turbo L28 to N/A RB25 240z Project~

16 hours ago, winstonusmc said:

Did you upgrade to relays on the headlights as Well? The switch really sucks for providing good strong power to the headlights. I have jeep headlights (free) and my fuse box has relays for the headlights. They are plenty bright. I didn't do both at the same time and the relays were a more significant change.

Luckily for me there were 30a relays already in there.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also had to re-install the rear passenger fender flare. Previous owner had installed this one a bit lower than the other side. This was always playing tricks on me when I was adjusting the ride height, the car itself would be level but the right rear would always appear lower. Now the suspension height to wheel gap is just about spot on, I could even lower the rear a pinch now but I kind of like it how it is now. Never rubs.

large.IMG_0272_edited-1.jpg.b88058d4d0bc31b78ffd8573e8a0ce2e.jpg

large.IMG_0261_edited-1.jpg.925216aac89a7e05084b5b1be705979a.jpg

Edited by ~KnuckleDuster~

5 hours ago, Neverdone said:

Car looks stunning! Congrats on not selling it! Now continue to not sell it.

Make more videos.

Haha thank you. Your feedback is much appreciated, definitely helps keep me motivated. I've been slacking on the video making because the car has been down on power for a while now and when I have time with the car it's been troubleshooting and tuning. I just can't seem to get to the bottom of it. Just recently the car developed a hot start issue followed by power cut during hard acceleration in 5th gear and progressing down into 3rd. It's got all the symptoms of a bad/leaky injector(s) so the injectors & rail are being sent out to DeatschWerks for their Dynamic Injector Service & Fuel Rail Service. Hopefully my next post is reporting the car is running 110%..fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, winstonusmc said:

Reflowing the solder on the MAF is a common thing on those. It happens from the MAF not being bolted and flopping around. It stresses the connector and cracks the solder joints.

I was hoping to find a loose solder joint on any of the three connector points but they all appear solid with a screwdriver wiggle test. I suppose their could be hairline cracks still. I'm thinking all the corrosion isn't good for it, even the board has an odd residue on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I decided to change out MAF's from the E60 to the slightly newer E61 model and the car is running much smoother. Eliminated a lot of off throttle backfiring.

Second, I never liked the look of the all chrome heat shield on the air filter. Not going for a show car type of look. I considered painting it black but decided to wrap it with DEI reflect a gold heat material. First researched to make sure it does actually work so I could justify the function which it does. As far as the fashion goes I like it. I finished it off with some rubber welting around the edges. 

IMG_0442.thumb.JPG.70807f3251cfc5b71238ea38b0274680.JPG

IMG_0441.thumb.JPG.571d701ca97bdbf18f1b3329fa8db232.JPG

IMG_04433.thumb.jpg.1e2956ddb151009325d88cc0d9fa34a8.jpg

large.E657C73D-DE55-4DF8-A6F0-C347D6D43E

Edited by ~KnuckleDuster~

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...