HybridZ

Injector Pulse Weak!

I am getting a pulse signal to the injectors, but its very dim on the noid light. I have verified it to be weak on the ground side circuit, and I have verified pins 101-106 are grounded solid. I dunno where to go next?

Its a 1981 280zxt . I did a cont test,a load test and they both came up good, but still weak ground on injector harness side.pins 101-106 inside the ecu are connected so I know its not an injector to ecu issue because they all do it.

nothing else is affected in the car, but the poor ground wont allow the 12v to the injectors. The power side is great, its only the ground side. I have even installed redundant grounds because the Z cars are know to have problems.

Edited by 450HPZ

How did you verify weak ground? Did you check voltage on the positive side? (Im sure you did) If its not the ecu then start checking other ground sources, Battery cable, Chassis grounds, Engine grounds. I hate chasing grounds. Does anything else act up in the car? Radio, Lights, Anything? I would start with checking the injector wires first .Just keep in mind that when you do an ohm test, even though it has low resistance the wire could still be bad. (cant handle amp load because of fraying and such. good luck. Your motor wouldnt be a vh45 would it?

• 3 weeks later...