HybridZ

Rusty wheel arches. Ideas please...

After taking off through paint in the rear wheel arches I can now say both have a lot of rust. What should I do? Cut it and install those jdm fender flares? Fill with body filler again? Or maybe source out some wheel arches cut and weld those parts?

Pics to come in a little bit since since at 11pm Hz tends to not work for some reason.

post-15914-035697900 1344320088_thumb.jpg

post-15914-099768000 1344320212_thumb.jpg

Here's a vote for cut and flare. My fenders looked about that bad and I spent a bunch of money to get them "restored." Now I'm wishing for more tire clearance. Whatever you do, be sure to "roll" fenders before you paint. Someday, you are gonna want more tire.

Don't let the vin# stop you. Low vin survivor is big bucks and should be preserved, low vin been cut and welded back together not so much. Car #330 has cut out camber plates, it's easier to fix a quarter panel than a strut tower if you ever decided to restore it. Also car #76 has the cowl cut up to accept an aftermarket heat and air combo! Make the car yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't let the vin# stop you. Low vin survivor is big bucks and should be preserved, low vin been cut and welded back together not so much. Car #330 has cut out camber plates, it's easier to fix a quarter panel than a strut tower if you ever decided to restore it. Also car #76 has the cowl cut up to accept an aftermarket heat and air combo! Make the car yours.

I love these cars but it's a "big buck" original 240Z somewhere in the area of $10,000? I wouldn't hesitate to cut up any of these cars if I wanted to have a modified one.

• 4 weeks later...