HybridZ

VQ35de 240z Almost Complete!

Thomask

I am doing research for parts, and best practices for just this type of install. I live in Midway, UT and would like to see this swap in an actual car and talk to you as an owner/builder if you have time and interest.

Please contact me at 435-671-7862 or email me at: warren.rohrer44@gmail.com

Warren

• 4 months later...

the stock shaft was right in the way of the mounts.

i went with willward steering components because they made u joints that connect directly to the datsun rack!

i did something similar to emrwhyrohen's setup.

IMG_2309.jpg

Hey you have other details on these steering component, I am problem souring parts here locally a pm with details will be highly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry, ive been enjoying the car so much that ive forgotten to respond.  Sending me a private message is a lot easier.  i have some more pics of the car for you viewing pleasure.  if anyone has questions dont hesitate to message me.

IMG_2830Large_zps254d0a08.jpg

IMG_2825Large_zpse8709059.jpg

IMG_2789Large_zpsab9dea97.jpgzsideroad_2_zps087fff2b.jpgIMG_2792Large_zps7a01eea9.jpg

IMG_2822Large_zpsb3c80198.jpgIMG_2831Large_zpsc7749956.jpgIMG_2833Large_zps420a4431.jpgIMG_2826Large_zps341614ef.jpgIMG_2832Large_zps97ac2cfa.jpg

Pretty Cool...   Oh on those Steering linkages.  I'm just using spare 280Z steering Ujoints in mine.  The stock steerign column I'm shortening to about 18" and going to use the 350Z tilt column in place. I don't really have to have Tilt, but it'll be a fun detail. The Ujoints are compatible with the 350Z steering yoke, and they fit the top where the stock steering wheel fits. I only needed two spares from the Z graveyard.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice build, how is the weight and distrib with this set up? The car sits low, what spring rates are you using, and any comments on handling from the track? I'm starting softer with 250 ft/200 rr with slightly higher ride height. Are you running track days or sanctioned events? 

• 7 months later...

thanks! the radiator actually works really well that way. the fan comes on being controlled by the factory relays. i think i used the low speed output from the IPDM to control the low speed on the fan. im going to see if i can get away with just that for now. I run running no thermostat as well because it heats up pretty quick anyway, within a few minutes. I was having issues with coolant not flowing, after multiple attempts to bleed the system it just never worked out so i pulled it. that steering wheel is an old Tomei wheel ive had laying around forever, i finally get to use it on something.note taken on exhaust, ive wanted to remake my center pipe for a while, but it will have to wait, i have a track day on the 6th of october, gotta hurry.here are some updated pics. Got the test fit CCW classic! these wheels are so awesome.2012-09-25_22-38-45_734.jpg2012-09-25_22-38-03_198.jpgIMG_2307.jpg

What are your ccw specs? Spacers?