HybridZ

L28ET dies, has to be aired out to run again

So i have a 240z with a l28et

i can drive it fine for about 10-15 minutes before it dies. I then have to open up the oil cap - where alot of smoke will comeout ( but its not heavy white smoke, its just thin white smoke) looks like exhaust smoke? after sometime, when the smoke is cleared out, the car will restart again. also theres a little bit of smoke coming from between the turbo and the exhaust pipe ( i need to fix that small leak theres a clamp there, but could it cause this?)

So it's being choked i think, but why?

I increased fuel values but its still the same.. the spark plug top tip is white, but everything around it is black with fuel, u can smell it too.

I have a small k&n filter on the cover valve, instead of the tubing that runs from the manifold. so is exhaust getting stuck in the engine maybe?

I know i get a lot of blow by, and that tube goes back into the mani. i use to have a oil catcher inbetween but it didnt solve the problem, but caught alot of gunk and well as perspiration.

I definitely think it's exhaust smoke coming out of the oil cap, but i could be wrong, any ideas?

perhaps i just have to up the gas values even more? if it really is a lean problem?

Edited by thewaiverproject

So i have a 240z with a l28et

I have a small k&n filter on the cover valve, instead of the tubing that runs from the manifold. so is exhaust getting stuck in the engine maybe?

I know i get a lot of blow by, and that tube goes back into the mani. i use to have a oil catcher inbetween but it didnt solve the problem, but caught alot of gunk and well as perspiration.

There's a lot wrong with your situation but the biggy in your case might be that you've disconnected an important part of the PCV system, without blocking the port in to the intake manifold. You probably have a big vacuum leak.

• 1 month later...

i actually plugged up the leak, but now i noticed my car shakes now when it's started, and is really bogged down no power.

So I checked the sparks, and it turns out that cylinders 2-6 are getting no fuel. only cylinder 1 is getting some, + all are a bit oil fouled, because i had to drive on it in this condition for a few miles...

The Fuel pressure gauge shows normal, shoots between 20-30 and back, its always been like that.

But maybe it still has something to do with the fuel pump/ filters ( i have 2)

or is it electric??? since there seems to be some fuel in cylinder 1, but none in 2-6.

I'll do a compression test and a multimeter test on the injectors this week.