HybridZ

Wanted 240z V8, well sorted

notqwik

Looking for 240z, v8, manual, clean, very well sorted ready or near ready to drive. Will be a 2-3 day a week driver. Needs to be rust free. Perfect car would be white/blk, w/AC, no body mod's (flairs etc), pretty much stock looking with with a bad ass secret lurking under the hood.

Budget is 15-20k, saw a scarab that went for about this price a couple of months ago ..... looking for something similar.

What do you have?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for 240z, v8, manual, clean, very well sorted ready or near ready to drive. Will be a 2-3 day a week driver. Needs to be rust free. Perfect car would be white/blk, w/AC, no body mod's (flairs etc), pretty much stock looking with with a bad ass secret lurking under the hood.

Budget is 15-20k, saw a scarab that went for about this price a couple of months ago ..... looking for something similar.

What do you have?

Thanks!

Budget to small? Very serious, looking for the right car.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can sell you mine. It is a '76 280Z. It has a '94 LT1/4L60E in it. It is almost finished. The engine is in, runs great. I need to install the brake booster and I have it brand new waiting to go on. reinforced frame rails. Minimal rust on the body. Some body work does need done but it is not that much at all. The ECU has already been reprogrammed. I could drive it around DD if I wanted to, once i replace the brake booster. I am looking to change what I am doing is the only reason I am selling. Initially I just wanted to change to an LS but now planning on buy another forum members car. 

But the thing is, I am willing to sell it all off for a great price, well under what your budget is.  Also I am in Maryland if you would like to come check it out.

I will be putting my for sale post up tomorrow for the complete car. I already have a post up about the drivetrain. If you are serious then we need to talk. I have a great car that works fine and will come out way under your budget. I know you are looking for a manual but with the money you would save you can easily install a manual in after.  

You are actually less than 2 hour drive from me. Honestly I hope you see this because I am willing to get rid of this for an insane price if I can get rid of it soon. Moving to Cali on Monday and if I can sell instead of shipping it out there then I am willing to take a bit of a hit. 

• 1 month later...

If you're interested, it will be completed and probably up for sale in the spring. 

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/63391-resurection-now-becoming-1tufzg-z/

I used to own a Scarab, sold it over a year ago, initial asking price was $25K sold for less but you'll be hard pressed to find one in the condition mine was in for a "good" price.

David

I have a 76 280z with LS1/T56 well sorted. It is my daily driver/only car that my wife and I both depend on for everything. It isn't posted for sale, but I would sell it if someone was interested. Or if you have a Subaru or VW TDI or something else worth having, I'd be into trading. Let me know

• 1 month later...

I have a 76 280z with LS1/T56 well sorted. It is my daily driver/only car that my wife and I both depend on for everything. It isn't posted for sale, but I would sell it if someone was interested. Or if you have a Subaru or VW TDI or something else worth having, I'd be into trading. Let me know

I'm also looking for 280z with your mods...need more info though and what are you asking? I sent you a PM.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a 78 280z that's white, rust free, and total stock body lines other than a 240 bumper and front air dam. Current running on ls1 with t56 and would even throw in an extra motor for the right price. Text me at 50222913 two seven

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a 1972 240Z with a 400 gen I SBC, T-56 tranny, completely restored and ready to go. I live in Idaho and was considering selling it to fund my next project. I was wanting to get $23,500.00

DSCN0915.jpg

DSCN0957.jpg

DSCN0929.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

P1010083.jpg

DSCN0182.jpg

photo8.jpg

DSCN0196.jpg

DSCN0963.jpg

1972 240Z Specs

Body

All body work done and painted. Show car quality. Custom sub frame connectors welded while body was bolted to a rack to prevent warping, new windshield, all new weather stripping, Rust Bullet and QuietCar coating inside doors, fenders, and interior, additional sound deadening/heat resistant material installed (similar to Dyno Mat) on floor and firewall, reinforced fire wall in brake/clutch area to prevent fire wall flex, front and rear bumpers have been re-chromed. ABS front air dam.

Electrical

“Yellow Top†Optima battery with custom aluminum battery tray and custom “bolt-in†battery support, Painless (mini fuse) wiring harness kit, 130A alternator, MSD wires, MSD ready to run distributor.  Halogen head light upgrade. Flex-O-Lite Electric cooling fan installed, have a Lincoln Mark VIII cooling fan (not installed yet).

Drive Train

Engine: 400 SBC, completely rebuilt and balanced, 350 rods, rebuilt LT1 487 heads (76cc) modified with 2.02 intake and 1.94 exhaust, 362hp @ 5000/444lbft @3300, new water pump, new radiator, new electric cooling fan, new Edelbrock Performer intake, new Edelbrock 600cfm carburetor, custom cold air intake system, ceramic coated block hugger headers, custom 2.25†dual “mandrel bent†exhaust system with dual glass packs as resonators, X pipe, and Magnaflow 2.5â€dual inlet and single 3†outlet high flow muffler, Magnaflow SS 3.5†tip. Front and rear strut tower bars. Serpentine drive belt setup.

Transmission: T-56 from a 1996 Camaro LT1, completely rebuilt with new bearings/races, seals, heavy duty 2nd gear fork, synchros, custom transmission mount with duel exhaust cut outs, new Pro 5.0 shifter and Mustang T-56 shift knob, Zoom clutch from Summit Racing, 1†Tilton clutch master cylinder and new clutch lines, LT-1 bell housing/hydraulic clutch setup conversion kit from Weir Hot Rod Products, custom built steel driveline with new u-joints.

Differential: 3.5 ratio, R200 from a 280Z, rebuilt with new bearings/races, Brute Force LSD, replaced seals, 280Z mustache bar with new urethane bushings, custom differential mount with second cut out for dual exhaust pipes, new rubber mount and custom differential mount hold down for high torque engines, Swepco 201 gear oil. Have a 3.9 ring and pinion set for differential - not yet installed.

Half Shafts: New remanufactured 300 ZXT axels, with Modern Motor Sport companion flange adapter, new wheel bearings/races/seals,

Brakes

280ZX 15/16†master cylinder, all new “Cunifer†brake lines from Fedhill USA, Toyota 4X4 upgrade on front disc brakes, 240SX rear disc upgrade with Modern Motor Sports brackets, slotted and drilled rotors (front and rear), rebuilt calipers, new pads, speed bleeders.

Fuel System

Fuel tank cleaned and painted with POR-15, new fuel sending unit, all new ProFlex SS braided fuel line by Russell with Endura fittings, electric fuel pump at tank, fuel regulator on firewall, fuel filter next to pump for easy access.                 

Suspension

Strut tubes shortened 1.5â€, Tokico Illumina struts, coil over spring kit from Modern Motor Sports, 222lb in the rear, 175lb in the front, custom machined spring seats, front and rear sway bars with new bushings,  car lowered about 2â€.

Interior

2004 Dodge Neon SRT4 seats, reupholstered in black and tan vinyl. New dash cover, new Auto Meter Phantom speedometer and tachometer gauges, new custom faces for other gauges, custom glove box, new steering wheel, new Vintage Air A/C and Heater system, Garman GPS, new headliner, complete tan carpet kit, door panels have been reupholstered.

Wheels and Tires

16†X 7†zero offset Centerline Ventura wheels with custom center cap, Kumho ECSTA SP high performance summer tires size 225/50/16.

Edited by IdahoZ

Beautiful car IdahoZ.  Very nice and priced well.

I REALLY tried to find the right Z.  Looked for almost two years.  Finally gave up this week.  Pulled the trigger on this little gem.  No longer in the market.

b2_zpsdf3fec35.jpg

b7_zps6da3e84e.jpg

b4_zpsb76700e2.jpg

image_zpse8b8b6b2.jpg

Edited by notqwik

Beautiful car IdahoZ.  Very nice and priced well.

I REALLY tried to find the right Z.  Looked for almost two years.  Finally gave up this week.  Pulled the trigger on this little gem.  No longer in the market.

b2_zpsdf3fec35.jpg

b7_zps6da3e84e.jpg

b4_zpsb76700e2.jpg

image_zpse8b8b6b2.jpg

You did good with that budget , but you are missing the Z magic and uniqueness of a V8 S30  :icon10: