HybridZ

what year SR20det is this

Roostmonkey

• 2 weeks later...

I have an SR with a serial# of sr20232236. Can anyone tell what year it is by this number ? I searched and nothing came up. Thanks for ay help.

Post a picture of the front of it with the valve cover on it. Should be a number like 69F01. Different years had different patterns on the front of the head.

• 7 months later...

Its difficult to source SR20 here in Dubai.

Found this in one salvage shop yesterday, but said he has sold the turbo manifold along with turbo before. Seems like a clean one but can anyone identify which one is this?

post-13922-0-31979000-1364973595_thumb.jpg

post-13922-0-11371300-1364973607_thumb.jpg

post-13922-0-91592500-1364973620_thumb.jpg

Are you looking to go stock or modify? There are loads of parts for SR20's all over the web. If it happens to be an S15 and you want to go stock you may be hard pressed to find the OEM stock turbo; they don't pop up that often (had steel wheels I've heard). But they are still around.

Otherwise, if my knowledge suits me, parts from SR20's swap between them all. You've just got VVT so better gas mileage.

That's a notch top. Not sure if s14 or s15 but the years are 95-01. The s14 years are 95-98. The big ident is the weird notch thing on the left of the valve cover.

Are you looking to go stock or modify? There are loads of parts for SR20's all over the web. If it happens to be an S15 and you want to go stock you may be hard pressed to find the OEM stock turbo; they don't pop up that often (had steel wheels I've heard). But they are still around.

Otherwise, if my knowledge suits me, parts from SR20's swap between them all. You've just got VVT so better gas mileage.

Was looking for parts for this before making a purchase, so S14 and S15 are interchangeable? as parts are usually listed as S13 and S14 most of the time.

If going for aftermarket turbo not looking at very high numbers but something like 350-400whp max which turbo and manifold you guys suggest keeping spooling upto minimum. A shop here is selling Tomei bolt on turbo not sure how good they are?

Youll find parts for this thing super easy. They mod s14/s15 SR's all the time. May have to pay for shipping, but you will be able to find parts easily.

You said the turbo and such were gone. Do you get the wiring harness with it? If not it's an okay deal. Otherwise it's good. If it came with everything that would be like the deal of the century.

Edited by R3VO 3VOM

Thats a s14a Kouki or a s15. There are vertical casting marks on the front of the head. The difference between the s14a and s15 are the coil packs holes in the valve cover are smaller on the s15. S14's have a coil igniter and s15's are on each coil. Looks like a s14a kouki to me.

• 2 weeks later...

OK 65F is a zenki motor from the 1994/95 S14 now if it was a true 1998 motor it would have an 80F stamp on the motor. _ never seen one. 

that motor should have a WC ECU with the part # 23710 65F 00 on the ecu and if it was a true 1998 motor you would be paying way more for it since its a rarer item and it would have a NA on the ecu lable with a part # 23710 80F00 

OK 65F is a zenki motor from the 1994/95 S14 now if it was a true 1998 motor it would have an 80F stamp on the motor. _ never seen one. 

that motor should have a WC ECU with the part # 23710 65F 00 on the ecu and if it was a true 1998 motor you would be paying way more for it since its a rarer item and it would have a NA on the ecu lable with a part # 23710 80F00 

I didn't check the harness or ECU, as they usually charge more for ECU's and my understanding was i you put after market turbo and built the head then isint it better to go for stand alone?