HybridZ

240sx rear diff

Calico

Okay I posted not to long ago about a car ive found in the upull it, its a s13 240sx with a KA24DE. I wanted to know if i can use the rear differential from it in my s130 chassis. I'm not very familiar with the new cars aside from that they have alot of suspension options.

I think that the 240SX's came with short-nose differentials. There are adapters available but they're expensive. Take a look under the car, they are obviously shorter than the long-nose. If it's a viscous LSD unit it should have a sticker on it also.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/49194-differential-cv-lsd-hp-torque-r160-r180-r200-r230-diff-mount/

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=74&PHPSESSID=913b505897594e5aaabe6608cdf597e9

You can not simply drop the diff in. The rear mount is different and the length. I was toying around with the idea of making some type of cradle to hold it and simply get a longer driveshaft and axles, but it would have been too much fabrication and I needed the car running.

• 2 weeks later...

NewZed yeah thanks thats what i thought!

Bludestiny Yeah I know thats what I was thinking about too since one of the guys in my crew is a decent fabricator. The Z31 parts would make life alot simpler but the late model turbo Zs are getting rarer and rarer to find in the yards.