HybridZ

Went to the track last night.

Went to the track last night and had a great time, but we had to deal with some suspension Gremlins,but on the 3rd pass we went a 8.67@158 which is a new record for us. I have been wanting to get in the 8's for a long time.Some of you may know the car but for those who don't. It is a 1976 Datsun 280 Z with a 355 sbc with twin 67mm turbos F.A.S.T. fuelinjection on E85, the rearend is the original unit with a 3.54 gear ratio, but I am using the MM companion flangs so I can use the 300zxt CV axles. Stock drum brakes on rear,and stock stub axles ( I know I am CRAZY).The R200 is one tough BEAST. But I am using the 4x4 Toyota calipers on the front brakes. I hope by year end to go in the low 8's. I could not have done this with out the help of John my Brother, Jerry Boatwright and Chris Tuten. John will be posting videos in the next day or so. Jerry

Edited by jnjdragracing

Wow impressive! What was the 60' and 1/8th? Ive been 8.27 before and it sure feels good. Whats this about toyota calipers? I replaced mine years ago with new orig. 260z parts, brakes are not to bad but could be better I also have a 9" out back with disk though. Congrats

Ryan

Wow impressive! What was the 60' and 1/8th? Ive been 8.27 before and it sure feels good. Whats this about toyota calipers? I replaced mine years ago with new orig. 260z parts, brakes are not to bad but could be better I also have a 9" out back with disk though. Congrats

Ryan

Thanks,The 60' was a 1.39 and the 1/8th was a 5.61@128, the car has been a 5.58@130 with a 1.37 60'. The Toyota calipers is a cheap up grade for front brakes,you can check in the brake forums. Edited by jnjdragracing

Congratulations, that Z is flying.

Amazing what turbos can do.

Do you regret dumping the blower????

I didn't think so!!!!

John always wanted to build a blower setup,and we had alot fun with the setup. But from now on I will be TURBO all the way!!!!!!!!Yea Baby!!!! Thanks Jerry Edited by jnjdragracing

• 2 weeks later...

YEA BABY!!!!!

Awesome numbers John and Jerry!!!!!!!!!

You guys have built an awesome seup...

I'm going to have to make a trip down to see you all in person...

Mike

I hope we can get together again in the near future, and by the way I also have a 2jz engine on the engine stand. Maybe that will be our next project ? Thanks Jerry