HybridZ

Nissan Comp/ Nismo L6 Header

Oddmanout84

As stated in the title, I'd really like to keep my Nissan comp oil sump, but I don't have a damn thing that will clear the Nismo oil pan I've got. With my turbo setup this was easy since I fabbed everything after the turbine and nothing came close to it. With the (cheap) headers I've got now though, they rest on the pan before the 2-1 merge and prevent the headers from being bolted to the head.

Just wondering what's available. Nissan comp is the only one I *know* will clear but hell, I'll take another header besides the Nissan Comp as long as it clears. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I have a square port header that I had on a track car with twice pipes that I am no longer using. There are some pictures in the linked photo bucket account that show it clearing the steering and the comp oil pan. We switched to this header after I had already dimpled the comp oil pan on the header side to clear my MSA header. I can box up the header and collector flanges then you could have an exhaust shop fab what you need for you application. $150 plus shipping. Pm me if interested.

http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx289/gt72datsun/zed/

Not sure if either of those will work, but I am pretty sure they're not Nismo/Nissan Comp extractors. I'd need a side view to see if they'd even work. Most headers seem to be designed to hug the side of the block until they're parallel with the oil sump. I need ones that either break away toward the trans tunnel before that or bump out to clear the bottom of the block by at least 3/4"-1" before heading back.